ur valuable suggestions for a HT

ranjeet108

hello friends,i am new to this forum & i need ur valuable suggestions for a HT.
1. room size 16X8 ft.
2. B&W 685 theatre package.
3. 50% movies & 50% music.
4. I have selected denon 2310,marantz 6003,pioneer vsx 1020.which avr should i go for?suggest a good match for B&W's.
5. Sony 40EX700 or samsung 40B6000 or which one?
6. Pioneer BDP-S330 blu ray player or sony S760.
I have all sorts of dilemmas.Typically i am looking for a good mid range HT. are yamaha's a good match for B&W's.please suggest.
Thanks in advance & ur suggestions & opinions are highly appreciated.
Eagerly waiting for ur replies.

All the above mentioned AVR's seem good ,

a HD Projector would be a better option than a 40/50'' display

the pioneer LX-52 or the Oppo BDP may be a better option

rgrds

Last edited:
thank u subhash for ur kind suggestion.i really appreciate that.i have one more question.The whole HT package i have thought of importing from singapore since here the prices are exorbitant.have u got any idea how much will be the duty we have to pay for importing these things?u said oppo bdp are nice.can u tell me the model no and also pioneer lx 52 & pioneer vsx 33 are a good match for B&W 685'a?thanks in advance for ur reply.

HI,

B&W 985 are very sensitive speakers, so the amps you have mentioned should match them, but have heard that these speakers are really good for music.

Regarding Oppo BDPs, it depends on your budget, there is an entry model Oppo BD-80 and Oppo BD-83 which has better upscaling features than the BD-80. Oppo BD-83 SE is a high-end model, which costs around $1000 and which has dedicated circuitary for music and Oppo claims that it would be a good buy for DVD, BD and CDs.

Also, you can carry a few things along with you, like BDP and Receiver, which may escape duty; otherwise, you are roughly looking at around 25% customs duty.

Cheers!

The whole HT package i have thought of importing from singapore since here the prices are exorbitant.

There are a number of threads where we have discussed the pros and cons of importing from Singapore or elsewhere.

At the outset, I am not sure how you can bring all the items, unless you bring through cargo. Secondly when the customs see such a large consignment, I am sure they will raise their eyebrows. Third, when you get items such as an AVR from abroad, you do not get any warranty in India. If the system breaks down, no one will even look at it.

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back