URGENT Epson TW 6000 not receiving signal from Marantz SR 5007

captainrizal

Hi Guys! Yesterday i got shock of my life when i switched on my set up after nearly a month. I was away for some work. First when i switched on as usual, everything had power and switched on normally. Then PJ showed no signal on HDMI 1. I checked all cables at the back of PJ and AVR and found them connected properly. After that I changed the input of PJ to HDMI 2 (Epson has 2 HDMI inputs). In HDMI 2 also there was no signal. Then I called up the dealer who sold me Marantz AVR. He asked me to connect small media player or something directly to PJ to check if its working or not, using another HDMI cable. I connected my WD media player to PJ directly using another HDMI cable. It worked at HDMI 2 but not HDMI 1 input of PJ which confirmed that PJ HDMI 1 has problems but at least HDMI 2 is working. Then i connected my Yamaha AVR, which was lying idle and not being used, using same HDMI cable to PJ with media player. It worked on HDMI 2 of PJ, not HDMI 1. I got little relief. Then i connected Marantz SR 5007 to PJ using same cable. It did not work. There is power in Marantz. All functions seems to be working.But not transmitting signal to PJ. I called up dealer and he has asked to send it to him in Kolkata.
The final conclusions as follows:
1. When I was away and not at home, there was heavy thunder shower and lightning as a result some my equipment got damaged. I normally remove all plugs from mains whenever they are not being used for long time. This time I forgot and for which i have to pay heavily, it seems.:mad:
2. The main HDMI cable (10 mtr) long which was connected from Marantz AVR to PJ got damaged.
3.The AVR HDMI socket is damaged and needs to be changed. The dealer told me that new HDMI board has to be fitted. The AVR is not even 1 yr old.
4. The PJ HDMI 1 input is damged and hence unable to receive signal. Fortunately, the PJ lamp is not damaged and HDMI 2 input is working. I will use HDMI 2 for the time being and later contact Epson service center.
5. My Sony BDP has no power, looks like power supply IC is gone. I don't know if it is repairable.:mad:
rest all equipments are okay. Guys if you have had same experience, please share and advise what can be done now.

Happened with my Marantz.
I have done HDMI setup again. My bluray out HDMI was not configured.

Even if that not worked try factory resetting the Reciever (read manual)

Happened with my Marantz.
I have done HDMI setup again. My bluray out HDMI was not configured.

Even if that not worked try factory resetting the Reciever (read manual)

Hi Prashant! Sorry for late reply. I didn't quite understand by "HDMI setup again". Was your Marantz working before "HDMI setup"?
I didn't try factory resetting. The problem was Marantz not sending signal to PJ. First I thought HDMI cable was damaged. But when there was no picture even after changing cable, it got confirmed that Marantz not transmitting signal. I checked with another AVR, it worked. I have sent Marantz to dealer for repairs. It's been nearly 15 days but nothing seems to have progressed from their side. The AVR is still with technician and he has ordered for spare parts to repair. I don't know how long that will take. I am in touch with dealer but it seems the spare part is provided by Distributor since the AVR is still under warranty.

I have faced this similar issue. Luckily i cud resolve it by using an expensive signal booster HDMi cable. Try if u can get it for trial. I bought form my local shop on the condition that if it doesnt work i ll return.

I have faced this similar issue. Luckily i cud resolve it by using an expensive signal booster HDMi cable. Try if u can get it for trial. I bought form my local shop on the condition that if it doesnt work i ll return.

Thanks. What's signal booster HDMI Cable? Could you post pic of it or give more details? I will try to source it from online. The problem developed due to thunder and lightening. I am using HDMI 2 of Epson PJ. I have sent Marantz for repairs.

Thanks. What's signal booster HDMI Cable? Could you post pic of it or give more details? I will try to source it from online. The problem developed due to thunder and lightening. I am using HDMI 2 of Epson PJ. I have sent Marantz for repairs.

Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D & Audio Return (100 Feet / 30 Meters) w/ Built-in Signal Booster Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

My problem too developed due to thunder n lightning. However in my case it was the sending port from my player that stopped working and not receiving port in Projector. So considering the price of this cable, try at your own risk. It worked for me but u know its not necessarily for all lightning thunder issues.

Last edited:
Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D & Audio Return (100 Feet / 30 Meters) w/ Built-in Signal Booster Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

My problem too developed due to thunder n lightning. However in my case it was the sending port from my player that stopped working and not receiving port in Projector. So considering the price of this cable, try at your own risk. It worked for me but u know its not necessarily for all lightning thunder issues.

You mean sending port from Blue ray player? Haven't you connected BDP to AVR? The cable doesn't seem to be that expensive. I have already sent my AVR for repairs. But I can still try with my old AVR for checking Epson PJ HDMI port.
Please confirm which PJ you're using.
U

You mean sending port from Blue ray player? Haven't you connected BDP to AVR? The cable doesn't seem to be that expensive. I have already sent my AVR for repairs. But I can still try with my old AVR for checking Epson PJ HDMI port.
Please confirm which PJ you're using.
U

Yes thats right the sending port from BDP. No AVR. A direct cable to PJ from BDP. I have an Oppo. My PJ is Optoma 141x

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back