Urgent guidance please: Best cable for tata sky hd+ Wiring

argurpreet321

Hey guys
I need some urgent guidance. I just purchased a new flat where internal wiring has been done for tata sky. But they have put only one wire whereas i need two for tata sky hd plus. I am going to get it redone. But my main question is whether to buy finolex rg6 cables from the market or get the wire from tata sky? Tata sky co axial cables are 1.5 times the price. Is there any difference between the two? Is tata sky cable better?

I would suggest you to use cable by tata sky even though I am not sure if there is any difference between the cable they use and finolex
Reason being if later on if there is any issue with reception they will blame it on the cable saying you have not used the right cable
This has happened to me once

There is good news for you. I was in similar situation when I moved to my apartment in Noida a month ago. I noticed there was only one TS wire. I also have one HD and one HD+ box. I called the TS guy to lay the extra wire which I thought was required for HD+ / recording. But guess what ..he put a splitter on the end of the wire without any need for an extra wire. So check with the TS guys and you may not need extra wiring.

There is good news for you. I was in similar situation when I moved to my apartment in Noida a month ago. I noticed there was only one TS wire. I also have one HD and one HD+ box. I called the TS guy to lay the extra wire which I thought was required for HD+ / recording. But guess what ..he put a splitter on the end of the wire without any need for an extra wire. So check with the TS guys and you may not need extra wiring.
Splitter is not recommended for TS+ STB as the same deteriorate the signal quality and sometimes reduces numbers of channels. Prefer two cables over single one with a splitter.

Splitter is not recommended for TS+ STB as the same deteriorate the signal quality and sometimes reduces numbers of channels. Prefer two cables over single one with a splitter.

thats what i thought until I checked all the channels and HD recording..didnt see any issues :)

Hey guys
I need some urgent guidance. I just purchased a new flat where internal wiring has been done for tata sky. But they have put only one wire whereas i need two for tata sky hd plus. I am going to get it redone. But my main question is whether to buy finolex rg6 cables from the market or get the wire from tata sky? Tata sky co axial cables are 1.5 times the price. Is there any difference between the two? Is tata sky cable better?

you buy a new flat worth what - 15, 20 lakhs? maybe more? A proper new cable from Tata sky will be what - 1000, 2000, 10000? Why be so kanjoos and waste time over such issues?

Well the question was not about being a kanjoos. It was meant to get clarity over which cable is better as everyone I talked to told me finolex cables are better than what tata sky is providing. Anyways have already purchased the cable from tata sky directly. Also good luck purchasing a flat in Delhi for 15-20 lakhs...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back