urgent help need on JBL E 60 towers

sachinxxy

Guys i am getting these 2nd hand speakers at 18k
3 years used good condition
should i buy it or not
anyone has audition this?

sachin

You could check with local dealers about the price. In my opinion price is fair. New price was twice I guess. You can try to bargain the seller down a bit and see how it goes.

It's quite an old line. Not sure if JBL replaced it with another line or its still being carried. It's not the best speaker at that price point, but not a bad choice either.

I own these speakers, paid 31 K some 4 years back

for 18 K its a steal, but quality is not what is expected from JBL

It is made in MEXICO and retails in US for just 150 Dollar

The Tweeters Blew Twice, it is mentioned they are titanium but they are

not, they are plastic with a vaporised coating of titanium and poor quality

the Mid and Woofer are OK Quality, I used to listen to Simon and Garfuncle
on

this and it used to sound good, new tweeters are being sold for Rs 2.5K each

as replacement, now I am using 1984 JBL 18 TI Bookshelves, and

driving only the woofer of E60 Together with TI18, the Quality of components in TI18 of 1984 is far superior to E60, but for 18K if the tweeters
are working its OK

I own these speakers, paid 31 K some 4 years back

for 18 K its a steal, but quality is not what is expected from JBL

It is made in MEXICO and retails in US for just 150 Dollar

The Tweeters Blew Twice, it is mentioned they are titanium but they are

not, they are plastic with a vaporised coating of titanium and poor quality

the Mid and Woofer are OK Quality, I used to listen to Simon and Garfuncle
on

this and it used to sound good, new tweeters are being sold for Rs 2.5K each

as replacement, now I am using 1984 JBL 18 TI Bookshelves, and

driving only the woofer of E60 Together with TI18, the Quality of components in TI18 of 1984 is far superior to E60, but for 18K if the tweeters
are working its OK

Robert
I am confused now

Considering today's cost for jbl speakers wherein single FS cost 55k as per jbl india website , 18 k is the best deal, audition first and than decide.

listen to it before you buy. maybe a good deal but imo the speakers dont sound good. very boomy and no details. for 18k you can get better sounding speakers (bookshelves) new

listen to it before you buy. maybe a good deal but imo the speakers dont sound good. very boomy and no details. for 18k you can get better sounding speakers (bookshelves) new

Did you hear it placed close to walls? Seems so.

It's not a great speaker (at that price you can't expect a perfect speaker) but being boomy is definitely not one of it's weaknesses.

Did you hear it placed close to walls? Seems so.

It's not a great speaker (at that price you can't expect a perfect speaker) but being boomy is definitely not one of it's weaknesses.

perhaps it was. it was a little while ago though thats the feeling i got. i stand to be corrected. but def not worth buying imo

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back