Urgent - Need to buy 42' Plasma and need your help!

guys!

sorry going out the way.. but it is anyways connected with Panasonic plasma..
read about de-interlacing issue in G10..
please can anyone guide..what it is all about?

Hi,

First of all let me say thay any HD TV works at its best with HD content, and given an HD signal, the G10 is one of the best TVs around today. Just try it with Blu Ray or a WD TV digital media player, and you will be floored!

Now, a full HD signal is 1080p, that is to say, it is composed of 1080 lines of display. The "p" in 1080p stands for progressive, which means that all 1080 lines are displayed in every pass.

(On the other hand, if the signal was "interlaced" or say 1080i, then alternate lines of the picture would be displayed in each pass, in first pass line nos. 1,3,5,7... and in the next pass 2,4,6,8... and so on)

If you feed the G10 with a 1080p signal from a Blu Ray player, the results are absolutely outstanding and to die for!

If you feed the G10 with a 576p signal from a progressive scan DVD player, the results are again brilliant. It simply upscales the signal to 1080p and displays it.

In case you feed it with a 576i signal from Tata Sky+, then the signal is first to be "de-interlaced" and then upscaled. While the G10 does this quite well, arguably some TVs may be able to do it better. (It does take quite a keen eye to tell the difference, though).

So, what does it mean in the real world? Buy a G10 now, and watch Tata Sky at a quality level which was MUCH better than your old TV. (However, some experts may point out that on some other TVs Tata Sky may look a few percentage points better than the G10). However, it is likely that in a few months time, Tata Sky could be broadcasting a progressive or even an HD signal, and then your G10 will be performing brilliantly! (and also possibly better than the other TVs it is currently being compared with)

Also, DVD and Blu Ray will look absolutely brilliant from now on!

And, since you want your TV to last you a few years (say 5 at least), be confident in the knowledge that you are getting one of the best 42" HDTVs around, and as soon as the DTH companies catch up with the rest of the world in terms of HD programming, your smile will be from ear to ear.

Cheers

Sumain

Hi there similarly looking for a good buy, went to Harmony House, Kolkata(Park St Outlet), checked C10 in comparison to, Sharp(Dont remember the model no. ;)) and Panasonic LCD 42(VIERA TH-42LZ80) inch FHD.

But due some reason found that image was blur on the screen(C10). I Was checking specifically football match(1080p), where grass cuts and even strand were prominent in 1080 mode.

and sincerely C10 failed when compared with FHD, but the shop owner was very fishy to plugin SD content to Display panels.

I was quoted 43K for this panel+diwali offer from Panasonic +25 DVD(Or Bigflix subscription/ restaurant vouchers etc).

I believe thats a steal deal but god knows about the Picture quality of C10.
Should we take a call for C10 deal?

Hi qinq,
Don't trust Harmony. I went few day back there and they were showing me C10 - told me its neo PDP and HD ready. They were offering it at 44k. Try promises instead.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back