Use of phono stage with pre amp

navinsinha

Kindly pardon my ignorance! I have SAE XXX pre amp and SAE XXXIB power amp. I also have a Nad PP3 phono pre amp. My question is that can I use the Nad phono pre amp with the SAE system and if yes, would it enhance the SQ?

A standalone phono stage is generally better. You can use NAD phono stage with SAE preamp. Just connect your tt's output cables to NAD's phono input, and NAD's output to SAE's AUX or any other line level input.

Regards
Sachin

....... can I use the Nad phono pre amp with the SAE system and if yes, would it enhance the SQ?

The answer to the first part should be , you can use it, connecting it to the SAE preamp. What do you mean by it enhancing the SQ? To listen to the Phono preamp you need to connect it to an external preamp/amp combination. Your question 'enhancing the SQ' would be with reference to some other pre amp/power amp.
If not, the question does not arise. Your preamp/power amp will make it sound the way it is, it isn't going to enhance it !

I hope you want to connect your TT through external phono preamp,and then to line in of preamp of power amp. If yes then it better to have external phono preamp.

The NAD PP3 is a very good phonostage. It also gives the added option of a USB output for your computer, should you want to digitize vinyl (it also has a line switchable line input which can be used for an alternate analogue source). Regarding SQ, you've got to try it out and experience it. On paper it should sound better but its best to try it out and listen in.

Thanks Reuben, I would try and report.

The NAD PP3 is a very good phonostage. It also gives the added option of a USB output for your computer, should you want to digitize vinyl (it also has a line switchable line input which can be used for an alternate analogue source). Regarding SQ, you've got to try it out and experience it. On paper it should sound better but its best to try it out and listen in.

Back