vcd not working on dvd player

fsnm

hiiie
i have philips dvd player DVO 3336. i tried to play vcd in that. but could not played since player is not recognise any disc.
vcd is authorise and played on other dvd n pcs .so what is problem with my dvd player it is just 6month i brought it.:sad:

Was it doing before?Some of the DVD player wont play VCDs at all.Specifications says it can.Try cleaning lens with cleaner DVD.

Hmmm.
Even my philips player keeps on doing these things. It gives an extremely variable response especially with with Dvd r. Sometime it plays nicely sometime it just refused to recognize it. However it has been kind enough with VCDs.
What does your player do with audio CDs?

it is plays audio cd some time .some time vl nt.and i have played many vcds before it played absolutly perfect.

I have repeatedly informed members to refrain from buying Philips Audio - Video since their product quality has fallen like anything.

Present Philips equipments are a real pain to use.....and their services are horrible....

I have repeatedly informed members to refrain from buying Philips Audio - Video since their product quality has fallen like anything.

Present Philips equipments are a real pain to use.....and their services are horrible....

Please dont rub salt on the OP's wounds. He has already done his choice. Lets try to help him out. As far as my player is concerned. I am least bothered with my philips player because i have a sony and a marantz DVD Player. My philips player has a decent built in stereo amp which i still use sometimes.

@OP: Seems to be problem with lens only because it is giving problem with audio cds also. Try lens cleaner as Baiju has suggested. If it does not work, you will need to take it to some servicing centre.

Too right! Philips is nowhere near reliable as it used to be. I have a Philips DVD recorder that gave up the ghost one year of use - first the remote went, then a disk got stuck in the machine and all I get from it is the "blocked" message on the display. I also have a GoGear mp4 player from Philips. The battery died after a year... ....I simply have no impetus to get these two lemons serviced.

i can second the bad quality of philips.. i have the same dvd player... last time it stopped reading discs , got the head replaced (800 rs). it failed again in sometime and since then catching dust.

KDM,
I am in the same situation as yours. I own a philips dvd player and a go gear player. Both doesnt work. I agree with deba. For all those who are looking for media players, philips should be the last option. I know many people whose philips dvd players are catching dust. When we bought, philips was the only branded budget dvd player. For go gear, i still repent my decision. I should have bought creatuve or transcend only :(
One query to all philips dvd player owners. In the last 4 years, i have never been able to play mp3 cd's in my player though the player supports mp3. The same cd works fine in car sterio. I tried with diff burning software. None worked for me. Will it be an issue with the bit rate of the mp3,s. When i insert mp3 cd,s it will try to read for 2 mins and show "no disc". I tried lens cleaning. It worked with video cd,s alone.

@fsnm, try reading the cleaning disc 2-3 times. That solved the issue for me many a times.

Please dont rub salt on the OP's wounds. He has already done his choice. Lets try to help him out. As far as my player is concerned. I am least bothered with my philips player because i have a sony and a marantz DVD Player. My philips player has a decent built in stereo amp which i still use sometimes.

@OP: Seems to be problem with lens only because it is giving problem with audio cds also. Try lens cleaner as Baiju has suggested. If it does not work, you will need to take it to some servicing centre.

No one is trying to rub any salt here........its a fact that Philips Products are nothing more then junk.....we have no other option left but to spread this message to all the members present so that they dont waste their hard earned money. For the OP he has no other option left but to go for servicing even if that doesnt solve the problem he will have to buy a new one and this time I hope he doesnt buy another Philips......

KDM,
I am in the same situation as yours. I own a philips dvd player and a go gear player. Both doesnt work. I agree with deba. For all those who are looking for media players, philips should be the last option. I know many people whose philips dvd players are catching dust. When we bought, philips was the only branded budget dvd player. For go gear, i still repent my decision. I should have bought creatuve or transcend only :(

My thoughts as well. :(

One query to all philips dvd player owners. In the last 4 years, i have never been able to play mp3 cd's in my player though the player supports mp3. The same cd works fine in car sterio. I tried with diff burning software. None worked for me. Will it be an issue with the bit rate of the mp3,s. When i insert mp3 cd,s it will try to read for 2 mins and show "no disc". I tried lens cleaning. It worked with video cd,s alone.

@fsnm, try reading the cleaning disc 2-3 times. That solved the issue for me many a times.

Is the DVD player able to read the CD the mp3 files were burned on?

I have Philips DVP3356 DVD player for the last one year and it has been working well. No heavy use though, been watching only DVDs regularly. Haven't tried any other media like CDs etc. One thing I like about this player is the easy hack to make it region free.

I was originally planning to buy another piece of the same model shortly for my mother in law. Could anybody suggest an alternate model? Of course, I need to be able to make it region free.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back