Vertical black line problem on Samsung 42C450

arahu

Dear members,

I had purchased a samsung 42C450 after reading a lot on this as well as other forums. It was installed day before yesterday and we got tata sky HD installed today.

After few mins I saw a black vertical line on the screen. I tried switching it off/on multiple times but did not work. :mad:

This is a brand new set, and such kind of problems were not expected. I have logged a compliant with Samsung, and some engineer will be visiting tommorrow to check this.

Will keep you all posted about the happenings.

I am starting this new thread to discuss this vertical line problem in this set and if other members have also seen such kind of problems.

Mods- please merge this with any similar thread if it exists.

Last edited:
Hi

I faced a similar problem; Samsung were very prompt in replacing it with a new piece.

For me there were two vertical bands on either side of the screen. The samsung representative mentioned that poor handling during transit would have resulted in some loose connection leading to the two vertical bands appearing.

Here is my posting:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/10090-brought-home-samsung-ps50c450-but.html

Insist on Samsung replacing the piece rather they rectifying it.

Good luck.

regards

Don't worry mate.....u will be provided a fresh piece in no time.These things happen very often and most probably associated with transit incidents.Last time i was at the showroom checking an LED and they took it out of the box, plugged it in and a quarter portion was multicolored band with a sharp black hole at the center,like a hole was poked there.So, these things happen and thjey would just replace the set with a brand new one.

Do update us on the matter.

Last edited:
Set would be replaced. Only issue is Samsung might not have "fresh" piece for replacement. So, do check run-time for the replacement piece.

IF you insist on brand-new piece, replacement can take few weeks.

One samsung engineer had come to check the problem and has told us that the TV will have to be replaced. And it will take a weeks time.

Set would be replaced. Only issue is Samsung might not have "fresh" piece for replacement. So, do check run-time for the replacement piece.

IF you insist on brand-new piece, replacement can take few weeks.

Could you please tell me how to check the run-time in samsung plasma?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back