vintage tannoy speakers

I took a few more pics of the speakers. The rear terminals are loose and shaky and need to be changed. The front grills need to be redone as well. Can anyone please recommend a technician in Mumbai who can do the needful.

IMG_20200219_180403~2.jpgIMG_20200219_180430.jpgIMG_20200219_180447.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like components used from Tannoy T-165 Chester Monitor.
Or could be Tannoy SRM-10B Professional Series Studio Monitors.
Or Tannoy SRM 12B "Little Red Monitors" professional passive monitors.

We recently had the shaky speaker terminals changed by ranjit. I've posted a pic below. He has installed +/- push spring clips of good quality. he has also added that neutrik connector on the left. Am wondering what purpose would this serve. Is this for a mic input?

IMG_20200301_163601.jpg

I just discovered that the black concentric speaker connector in the pic above installed by ranjit happens to be a neutrik invention called 'speakon connector' which is unbalanced and is meant to handle very high currents from a dedicated power amp. Am just wondering if this is overkill when there are already dedicated LR RCA spring plugs? :eek:

I just discovered that the black concentric speaker connector in the pic above installed by ranjit happens to be a neutrik invention called 'speakon connector' which is unbalanced and is meant to handle very high currents from a dedicated power amp. Am just wondering if this is overkill when there are already dedicated LR RCA spring plugs? :eek:
REL subwoofers also have this and it is meant to carry very low signals there and hence provides for a very tight coupling hence not sure about overkill but thats a very nice connection.

Yes Neutrix speakon connector is being used by REL, MJ Acoustics brands and quite common only. I use this connector to connect my sub from power amp (high level). It is indeed a nice addition.

I'll have to enquire whether these are 2/4pole. If they're 2pole i.e. +1/-1, I'm assuming that a stereo amp with normal speaker out binding posts can be connected to this female speakon connection via male speakon connectors. Any leads where I can buy the male connectors online?

REL subwoofers also have this and it is meant to carry very low signals there and hence provides for a very tight coupling hence not sure about overkill but thats a very nice connection.
Thanks @arj ! Good to know. Dunno how i missed this post.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back