visiting bombay, where for stereo setup...

Aryan

Hi friends, m geting an oppurtunity 2 visit bombay, cud uguys please advise where close 2 Malaad can i audition stereo setup.
appreciate ur responses !
Thanks,
Sidds.

The Shop also has another showroom in Goregaon which is supposed to be better. The Andheri one is strictly a showroom and there is no listening place.

Call Boom A Rang and check if you can visit their place in Juhu.

Boom-a-rang also has a showroom in Borivali. Not sure where exactly it is located

Do give us a visit at our showroom located at 21, Chowpatty Sea Face.
Please visit our website to know what all brands you can audition at our showroom there. Do give a call to Hrash Merchant @ +919821045573 to fix up your appointment.

Ashish

Alliance4 has a showroom at Andheri and a new one at Goregaon west. The goregaon showroom is the new one and supposedly much better than the andheri one.
it is also very close to Malad.

Boom a rang in borivali east has limited things to demo. Boom a rang in juhu will be best place to go.

Thanks guys, I will be visiting a few showrooms for sure, though the visit is in mid March. As advised by most of you, Boom a rang - Goregaon west, seems to be the place not to be missed, however I will be visiting Lakozy Electronics as well.

Thanks,
Sidds.

Thanks guys, I will be visiting a few showrooms for sure, though the visit is in mid March. As advised by most of you, Boom a rang - Goregaon west, seems to be the place not to be missed, however I will be visiting Lakozy Electronics as well.

Thanks,
Sidds.

Alliance 4 main show room is in Goregoan West, Not boom-a-rang

Boom-a-rang is near Juhu Beach. Ask anyone for Prithvi theatre. Its in the same society where the theatre is

Lakozy is in South Bombay

If you focus near Goregaon,then as suggested Th Shop,Viola & alliance4 are @ Andheri -w.
Alliance may be having goos HT setup @ Goregaon,but its possible they have good stereo setup @ Andheri.Pls.call them before.
Viola has 2nd outlet at Parle-
home

If you have a time then visit Lakozy @ Girgaon.

There was nothing much for demo when I visited Alliance 4, DN Nagar some months back
And if Aryan is coming all the way till DN nagar, Boom-a-rang is just 10 mins from there if he takes a rickshaw

I am sure there would be some showrooms in and around Bandra which would be having good stereo amps and speakers for demo

Also if going to Lakozy, should visit Designer Audio

Leading Shops

Hello Sidds,

Please consider not to restrict yourself in visiting a particular area just because of convenience, it may be much worth even visiting far flung areas.

Further please be guided that some of the leading shops may be having a wide range of gadgets but their price may be very high when you compare with their competitors so be very careful on this. In my case i had got a offer for an item of Rs.1,75,000/-, of which i finally got for Rs.1,45,000/- that too with much better specifications, i have had more alarming experience on higher prices being offered.

During your visit please consider to have ample time on hand and visit many showrooms but do not commit a buy on the first visit.

V.

--

Last edited:
if u can state your preference in terms of brands ..you can zero in on the exact shops ...

I sure understand what you advising, but when you are out looking for a setup, I guess one should listen to any and many coz its not everyday that you go out buying such things.

Brands..I don't know if brands have that appeal to me, i guess an excellent sounding, reasonably priced stereo setup would be an ideal buy, what say ?

It sure makes sense to go by brand to narrow down the search...

Thanks,

To grade the places suggested in terms of brands, price range and priciness factor (all from memory so there will be some slippage and lapses in absolute accuracy, especially of brands):

The Shop, DN Nagar: Denon, Cambridge Audio, Polk, some Rotels, etc, a number of speaker brands like Canton. I found them pricier than others.

Alliance4, DN Nagar: Mordaunt Short, Mission, Marantz, etc. Moderate pricing.

Viola, DN Nagar: Denon, Marantz, Polk, Canton, etc. Best price I saw.

Boom-a-rang, Juhu, CST, Borivali: Juhu is best stocked, CST also OK, Borivali is not well stocked. Monitor Audio, Accuphase, Yamaha high end, Usher, (my fav) Morel, Quad, Chord cables, etc. Boom-a-rang is a much higher end shop compared to above.

Lakozy: I remember seeing lots of PSBs. And Supra cables.can't recall other brands.

Audio Vision CST is also very high end. You can check their website for their brands.I remember they stock B&Ws and they are Indian distributors for Audio Research.

And then there are JBL at Palladium in Phoenix Mills Lower Parel, ProFX at Atria Mall Worli.

You should give urself 2 days to pay a proper visit, bring along your fav CDs.

All the best. It's great fun to hunt for stuff.
Joshua

Re: Leading Shops

Hello Sidds,

Please consider not to restrict yourself in visiting a particular area just because of convenience, it may be much worth even visiting far flung areas.

Further please be guided that some of the leading shops may be having a wide range of gadgets but their price may be very high when you compare with their competitors so be very careful on this. In my case i had got a offer for an item of Rs.1,75,000/-, of which i finally got for Rs.1,45,000/- that too with much better specifications, i have had more alarming experience on higher prices being offered.

During your visit please consider to have ample time on hand and visit many showrooms but do not commit a buy on the first visit.

V.

--

Thats very honest and sensible advise and I sure will keep that in mind...I really am not the person to commit to a thing without being completely convinced....I kind of have learned that lesson the hard way.

Good to hear from you!

Hope you are enjoying your HT setup...

Thanks,
Sidds.

Hi guys, So sorry could not visit any of the places on my visit to bombay, but I will keep this close to me and will visit Mumbai just for auditioning.

Thanks to all you guys !

Appreciate it!
Thanks,
Aryan.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back