Volkswagen Taigun “Sound Edition”

Analogous

Came across this announcement. Marketing hype or is this company really focused on audio quality?

This led to thoughts about the cars in India with the best OEM audio quality…pricier cars have better sound insulation (quieter interio) and better qu audio setups.

Thoughts? Let’s keep this limited to the Audio systems that come fitted by manufacturers with the vehicles (and not after market enhancement/modifications)

My Brother-in-law's Kia Carens comes fitted with a 8 speaker Bose sound system. I felt that this system was bass heavy when in a Flat setting. Not to my liking.

My other Brother-in-law's Lexus LS 600 (Not in India) comes fitted with a Mark Levinson system which is totally sub par for this SUV. Top heavy and no low end at all. Still prefer it over the Bose for my type of music.

The Arkamys system in my Kia Seltos is the best of the three. Quite balanced and perfect for the music that I listen to.

So does this advertisement mean that at least one car manufacturer in this country is prioritising good sound as a selling point?

Came across this announcement. Marketing hype or is this company really focused on audio quality?

This led to thoughts about the cars in India with the best OEM audio quality…pricier cars have better sound insulation (quieter interio) and better qu audio setups.

Thoughts? Let’s keep this limited to the Audio systems that come fitted by manufacturers with the vehicles (and not after market enhancement/modifications)
may be true. My wifes Skoda Kushaq comes with 6 speakers and a sub. the problem is not there- it is in the Damping.

With Damping even the regular Setup can become a sound edition but i wonder if thats done....

In a car audio situation how much do conventional Hifi setup rules apply, given that we are essentially sitting inside the giant speaker box with multiple drivers pumping sound inside?
Best to have modest and realistic expectations I feel.
for example:
1700669984136.jpeg

In a car audio situation how much do conventional Hifi setup rules apply, given that we are essentially sitting inside the giant speaker box with multiple drivers pumping sound inside?
Best to have modest and realistic expectations I feel.
for example:

Its quite different from home stereo except for soundstaging which is very real but its also about SPL . also its not really stereo hence all speakers in the car ie front door rear door all matter in the sound quality which is heavily DSP'd. lets not even talk of background noise :)

Its quite different from home stereo except for soundstaging which is very real but its also about SPL . also its not really stereo hence all speakers in the car ie front door rear door all matter in the sound quality which is heavily DSP'd. lets not even talk of background noise :)
We should stop calling this car stereo.
car surround?
car theatre? (many drivers possibly watching movies as well)

Active stereo setup means? Cross over settings at amp or head unit?
Yes. Crossover before amplification.
1. Some amps have built in analog crossover can apply HPF and LPF.
2. Some amps have built-in DSP & Some headunits have built in DSP where we can apply crossover filters LPF and HPF and TA and EQ.

Entertainment!!!! So video too!!!!
most cars dont allow it but after market its all possible :)

But car audio if done right can be really good and the simple act of damping doors takes it several notches up. Of course you dont want to be closing your eyes and listening while driving when the lower notes, mids and high pitch are well integrated it does make it far more enjoyable !

I once test drove a Mercedes convertible with a Burmester audio system. It was fabulous.

Also test drove Land Rover discovery with Meridian system , which wasn’t bad.

My jeep compass audio system is good enough for me 😊, prefer to put the delta into my home system rather than the car.

So VW is upping the game by announcing a “sound edition “ of one of their models.
Has anyone heard how it sounds?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back