Volkvagon vento seats cover , film ( full leather ) suggestion required

roseboy24

Dear forum member ,

Need suggestion for fixing leather cover for my new vw vento diesal highline consider below proposals

1. Auto form full leather
2. Local proposal from lajpat nagar
3. Pu or half leather seats cover

For film considered

1. Garvare ice cool
2. 3m

Speakers and HU already arranged RCD 510 with Nano box rear view sensor video and gps :)

Dear forum member ,

Need suggestion for fixing leather cover for my new vw vento diesal highline consider below proposals

1. Auto form full leather
2. Local proposal from lajpat nagar
3. Pu or half leather seats cover

For film considered

1. Garvare ice cool
2. 3m

Speakers and HU already arranged RCD 510 with Nano box rear view sensor video and gps :)

Mate,

IMHO For leather seats no other brand then "Stanley", slightly expensive then other but worth the quality & feel....atleast you are assured of getting top quality

Ignore local suggestions or half leather seats as they would eventually turn up to be waste of time and money...

Here in Mumbai the brand preferred is V-cool (almost all of friends have this, mine is old garware) and also Lumar, do evaluate these......expensive and too much variety hence ultimately would depend on the share you want...

Thanks ..ya Iam aware but it's too expensive 44-48k bucket fittings as compare 28k autoform since both are using italiano leather , I already put over 1L on arranging new system from Germany RCD 510 and Nano box for adding GPS and rear video sensors.
I belive vento user aware all origami system iced with special code for RCD HU systems .
I really don't trust on Chinese brand like casks ,Wilson for my German Beaty :)

For film I do not know if you have any budget restriction however no matter what you put on the sides windows do remeber that maximum heat usually enters from the front and that must be covered with film and in case of front shield field nothing beats vKool's VK70 which is the right balanace between transparency and solar absorption cum reflection and all vkool films come with 5 year manufacturer warranty. The only drawback is that if you put any front shield stickers from inside and while peling it off or otherwise it damages the film (although difficult) then your warranty on film will not help you.

I had vk70 on my front shield and vkool gold-dust J60 on the sides and rear of my 5 yr old Getz Prime and have loved them like nothing. unfortunately last year my front shield broke taking away the film with it :( and I am yet to refit another one. The front one costed my 12.5K back in 2009 and the all the sides+rear totalled to 8K but this will vary from car to car.

However for Sides I suggest that you may go for other brands and does not have to be vkool since sometime I have seen that people sitting at the back are irritated by the incoming sunlight and there I may recommend you for more darkar films of course allowable by your state motor vehicle / traffic laws.

A word of caution for rear film is that in case your car model has rear defogger check with your car manufacturer whether they will honor the warranty on defoggers if you fit fims on that since in my case Hyundai does not and 3 of the 7 defogger lines in my car rear window are not working since last rainy season and hyundai has refused to repair it under extended warranty.

Regarding the other brands I would say that Garware is simply a true value for money product however their top of the line icecool series for front shield cannot beat vkool vk70, but you may reconsider them for sides. I think icecool series also has 5 years warranty.

Lastly Lumar is totally an imported brand like vkool but their cost is not justified to me although they cost less than vkool but does not provide equivalent warranty as vkool. However their products are also good.

Dear haisaikat ,

Thanks for suggestion , I will check tommrow for film and seat cover and my HU fitment too will share some pics soon .

For the seat covers, if you are looking for leather then the best name in the business is Stanley as already pointed out.

Regarding the film, I have put Garware Icecool on the front shield of my i20. Its been 2 years and I find it very good.
For the sides and back, you can consider Llumar too. It is a reputed brand and is moderately priced.

Finally booked full leather seat cover from autoform ( Ones this done will share pics )
For film : Garvare ice cool - 5500 Rs
Kinky suggest if this is good brand as compare with 3 m which is praised by lots of member in teambhp .

roseboy - congrats. I have black leather seats on my skoda octavia fitted by the silvertone okhla (now closed) showroom. It costed me 35k back in 2005. So autoform seems a great deal. I am also looking to change them from black to a lighter grey shade as delhi heat burns my bottom each time I sit in my car.
How much did autoform cost you? Is it full leather?
I like the way my current seat covers fit on my seat - no wrinkle at all. I have no complaints except the bottom/ back burns.

Thanks Anm , yes silverstone is closed and they have opened VW showroom very next building in same OKHLA locations In phase -1
For Honda ,scoda ,vw ,Hyundai ,OEM is autoform .

Back