Wanted Pair of 16 inch Full range speakers

rajeev_pr70

Hi All.... I am looking for a pair of 16inch Full range speakers and Horn tweeters.

Please ping me if somebody wants to sell them.

Rajeev
Ph: 9900108896

Try 15” Fane FR. Best VFM with 16khz HF extension down from 45hz. However mainly OB worthy as Qts is high. Tweeters won’t be needed. The HF off axis response is excellent as well.
Is it available in India? Is it made in USA? Who is the dealer? What's the price for a pair? Specifically which model you recommend? Thank you.

The distributorship for India changed last year and before that I knew the chap who operated from Jaipur. Email them at their website for India contact however all reputed PA dealers keep Fane drivers. Its a high quality driver, true to its specs and performs wonderfully. Its the only FR driver on earth which performs flawlessly from 45Hz to 17K with excellent off axis response and is the most ideal driver for single driver Open baffle design and it should be around 12-14K a pair. I paid around 11K for a pair and enjoyed them for a few months. Its 101dB driver and takes on 300 watts RMS power without a flinch. It gets scaringly loud and I played it with no filter from my flea power SE tube amps.

Here is the link:

For little less scary driver, check its younger sibling, the Fane 12, a notch better in top HF extension but the off axis response on extreme HF range is narrow, I enjoyed this one for about 2 years.

Do share your views after you get any of these. Very innovative design, very first ever, triple cones, not just one or two but three cones. There is an interesting mod that could be attempted to make them way above amazing.

I was the first chap on earth to tell Fane top brass that I run these on Open Baffle domestically and from tube amps including the Tube 45 SE ( a DIY 45 amp which trounces the Yamamoto A-08S 45 in all aspects). They were stunned and the CEO Fane India gave me a call.....

A Huge thread runs on diyaudio on these drivers.

Regards,
Sam.
Yogibear, thank you for the information. I hope the power output of Yamamoto A-08S 45 is 2Watt +2Watt , so that 101dB sensitivity of Fane 15" will be fine. But, since it's for PA system, I am afraid about that of vocal- mid. However, open baffle design is must for this driver. I will contact the dealer. Again thank you. Regards.

Hey thank you all.... that's an awesome piece of information. Will certainly try them out. In-fact I got the address.
Shah Audio Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Ground Floor
Wall Street-1, (Opp. Orient Club)
Near Gujrat College Ellisbidge
Ahmedabad
Gujarat 380006
India

Akshay Shah - +91 9825010980
Email: [email protected]

Phone: 079 4040 7070 / 2550 5000
Email: [email protected]

http://shahaudio.in

Cool - pl post the details if the drivers are available from Shah Audio. These seem great value for money

I missed to search for Fane drivers and ended up locating a dealer for Ahujas in UAE. It was Ahuja search that brought me to this forum ;)

Got their 12 incher 8 Ohm 12FRX version and Driven by either by Elekit SE (Ultra linear) 8Wpc or ACA on bridged mono 15Wpc, my Heresy IIIs are not in use now. Ahujas too sound so sweet and clarity is amazing. They are now mounted on a twin layer 3 ply shipping cardboard OB. Can't say enough about them.

Next may be Fane 15 inchers....

I missed to search for Fane drivers and ended up locating a dealer for Ahujas in UAE. It was Ahuja search that brought me to this forum ;)

Got their 12 incher 8 Ohm 12FRX version and Driven by either by Elekit SE (Ultra linear) 8Wpc or ACA on bridged mono 15Wpc, my Heresy IIIs are not in use now. Ahujas too sound so sweet and clarity is amazing. They are now mounted on a twin layer 3 ply shipping cardboard OB. Can't say enough about them.

Next may be Fane 15 inchers....
Please give more details about ahujas... I wanted to support made in India speakers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back