Wasapi event /foobar problems with windows 10 in metrum DAC

himadri

Hi friends
My Metrum octave Mk2 DAC is stable on Foobar with Wasapi (Push) and Windows 10. But the Wasapi (event) is unstable and the Foobar hangs when I change from one playing song to the other.The problem is that the Wasapi (event) sounds far better than Wasapi (push) (it is smoother) .How to solve this problem? I didnt encounter this problem when I was using my earlier old PC with Windows XP and foobar with Wasapi (event) was fairly stable.
cheers
Himadri

Hi Himadri,

The Metrum guys should be able to help you but till then I would suggest reinstalling the USB drivers.
If WASAPI is still unstable do you have the option of working in Kernel Streaming mode?

Regards.

Hi friends
My Metrum octave Mk2 DAC is stable on Foobar with Wasapi (Push) and Windows 10. But the Wasapi (event) is unstable and the Foobar hangs when I change from one playing song to the other.The problem is that the Wasapi (event) sounds far better than Wasapi (push) (it is smoother) .How to solve this problem? I didnt encounter this problem when I was using my earlier old PC with Windows XP and foobar with Wasapi (event) was fairly stable.
cheers
Himadri

I hope you are using the latest WASAPI component. Else upgrade.
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi

Disconnect Metrum and run WASAPI event process with your laptop soundcard or any other DAC if available.
If no issues with other DACs, then go to step 3.

In Advamced-Playback setting, play around with the buffer values (default for event is 25) and enable 'High Worker Process Priority'.

If this does not solve, then talk to Metrum guys and check if there are any specific ASIO drivers for the DAC

I hope you are using the latest WASAPI component. Else upgrade.
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi

Disconnect Metrum and run WASAPI event process with your laptop soundcard or any other DAC if available.
If no issues with other DACs, then go to step 3.

In Advamced-Playback setting, play around with the buffer values (default for event is 25) and enable 'High Worker Process Priority'.

If this does not solve, then talk to Metrum guys and check if there are any specific ASIO drivers for the DAC

Hi
Thanks , the problem seems to have been eradicated for the time being.
Upgraded Wasapi and the driver (which i downloaded from the m2 tech site) and changed the buffer setting from 100 to 30 and it improved the performance a lot.
Thanks Kannan.

Sir
Keep this in mind as well
Windows 10 has had this problem twice when for certain USB components the device was stopped being detected by the OS after a major update
Then in few days time Microsoft agains makes an update to solve the issue
Problem is every few weeks there is some major update
In a way it's good that they giving updates so regularly but it's also a pain some times

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back