Water Spill in AVR Component

ronil35

Hi Guys,

My friend has recommended this forum as he had recently purchased a Marrantz AVR with good inputs & references through you guys.

I have an onkyo HT-R370 HT package. Unfortunately 2 weeks ago I accidentally spilled some water while the AVR was ON. I had given to some local vendor to get it repaired as I was out of warranty, he told me that I would have to replace the main PCB & a transformer. For this he gave me a estimate of INR 15k.

Since I had bought the entire package in INR 20k 5 years back I though it would be best to replace the AVR component with a Latest one. I have reviewed Denon x500bt (30k) which fits my budget but I would have to replace my passive sub woofer to an active woofer(20k) or second option for me is to buy Denon HT packakge(45K)

It would be great if you guys can suggest what would be the best for me viz. to keep my old speakers & purchase a new AVR component which supports my passive speaker or buy new AVR Component & active woofer or buy a Home Theatre Package?

Also it would be great if you can suggest between brands like onkyo, denon, yamaha, marrantz.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to your response.
Cheers!

Option1
You can get an Denon AVR X500 or an equivalent Onkyo AVR (TX-SR313 ,please check) so that u can use your existing satellite speakers. Later based on your budget u can add an active subwoofer (Polk audio or similar brand) seperately to the AVR.
Option 2
Get a Denon DHT X500 HtiB package (costs 35 to 40k) or Yamaha YHT 2910 or 299 (costs 35 to 40k) so that u can replace entirely new.But before this do an audition so that its suits your taste.

Back