WD Live No Audio on Denon

riteshmadhok

Hi, I connected my WD Live to the Denon receiver via HDMI and then the Denon to the Plasma via the HDMI, now the Video and Audio is both played on the Plasma and no audio on the Denon home theater. What could be the problem or do I need Optical audio???

Hi, I connected my WD Live to the Denon receiver via HDMI and then the Denon to the Plasma via the HDMI, now the Video and Audio is both played on the Plasma and no audio on the Denon home theater. What could be the problem or do I need Optical audio???

what video file are you trying to play??? the connection's explained by you is fine, so check your WD tv live's audio options, hdmi options etc.... and test again.

cheers.

I think Denon is set as passthrough & not in processing mode as Plasma gets sound.
Check Denon setting again.

what video file are you trying to play??? the connection's explained by you is fine, so check your WD tv live's audio options, hdmi options etc.... and test again.

cheers.

Exactly...Check the audio file is AAC and you set in WD TV Live -> Audio/Video settings as Digital/Multi if yes set to stereo.This is one common issue I get with audio.

Thanks
Satya.

Tried all but still no luck, the video and audio is on the Plasma , how do i transfer the audio via the 5.1 Denon ?

check if u have assigned the correct input in denon...for eg, if wd is conncected via optical in input 2, assign input 2 as optical in denon..

i did face same issue with my asus o play connected to Denon. later found that the audio setting in asus o play had be set properly. In my case the audio setting has options like HDMI RAW, HDMIMULTICHANNEl etc. i toggled between the options and it worked for me.

-Hemanth R

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back