WD TV Live or WD TV Live Plus?

heliumflight

There is a friend of mine who is looking for buying WD TV live. He is confused about buying WD TV Live or WD TV Live Plus.

He has checked for reviews/specifications online and have come to the conclusion that WD TV Live Plus is an upgrade to TV Live and supports Netflix (no major difference). As my friend lives in India, Netflix is not an option for him.

His main requirements from an HD Player are:
- Wants to stream video from youtube directly on his Full HD LCD TV
- He wants that the HD Player should be able to play downloaded movies (through Torrent etc)
- better user interface/menu customization
- is reasonably priced

His cousin is coming from US so he wants to buy it from US as it is cheaper there. TV Live is out of stock in US these days and the only option he is left with is TV Live Plus which is $10 extra which he is not bothered about.

One of his friends told him that TV Live is better than WD TV Live Plus. This has confused him as TV Live is not available. Is WD TV Live preferred over WD TV Live Plus considering he would be using it in India where we don't have Netflix support?

Thanks in anticipation for the replies

WDTV Live meets all his requirements and as netflix is not available in india, live plus is of limited incremental use as of now...

Is it possible to search youtube with wd tv or any other media player or is it just browse and watch?.

I went for Live Plus as it is new product and i am guessing WD will release more firmware updates for Plus compared to Live.

On Amazon.com, they both cost the same, $99.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back