Wharfedale Diamond 240 vs Paradigm Monitor 9 vs Jamo C97

asm

Hi All
While I have been following this forum since a while, I registered today.
I am looking for recommendation and comparison between Wharfadale Diamond 240, Paradigm Monitor 9 and Jamo C97
Here is my requirement
- primarily for audio
- analog music from Turntable
- rarely audio CDs
- plan to power them with Marantz PM 6006
- Plan to listen to Indian classical vocal, ghazals and old melodies

Please share your thoughts on
- Relative qualiy of these two models
- Support in especially India
- Jamo revently seem to have some bad press. Not sure how true it is. They are in business since quite a while

With Monitor 9, you will need to be careful with old recordings which are recorded poorly as it has a slight forward top end. It works great to get that transparency & separation but a poor source may sound jarring. The 240s will be much more warm that Monitor 9 but Wharfdale stable is not my fav as most of their speakers muddy up the mids and the mids are needed in the vocals.

I haven't heard the C97 though have heard the BS C series model (can't remember the number). It is somewhere in between a Paradigm and Wharfdale in terms of warmth.

I had the Monitor 9 (v7) model paired to a Denon AVR till last week so I can definitely speak for their sound.

@ asm

Jamo then Paradigm

If you have the budget, why not look at other brands? Focal? Revel? Polk RTiA series?

Have audition both Paradigm Monitor 9 with Anthem MRX 520 and Wharfdale Diamond 240 with Marantz SR5xxx receiver. Also audition Jamo C95 with Yamaha AV receiver.
Paradigm Monitor 9 sounded fuller, deeper in low end with lively midrange/vocals and slightly forward high-end. The forward or aggressive high end makes speaker entertaining in both movies as well as music performance. Very good sound stage but lacking fine details.Build quality is very good as well as looks also.
Wharfdel Diamond 240. Warm sounding speakers with tight and agile bass with good amount of details in high end. Mid range/Vocals seems to be flat so speakers sounded a bit of monotonous and flat. Can listen for longer hours but you will definitely sence something is missing. Very good build quality and good looking speakers relatively cheap. Hifi Mart 63k.
Jamo C95 I have not enjoyed this speakers sounded flat with week low end extension. Nothing special to mention. May be entry-level Yamaha AVR failed to showcase true potential of these speakers. Have listened Jamo D590 with Roksan amplifier in What Hi-fi show, Mumbai. Definately worth pair consider for stereo set.
My favorite speakers MA Bronze 6
Have audition Monitor Audio Branze 5 with Pioneer AVR. Very good sound stage with strong center image. Vocal dynamic is fantastic with female vocals were just bouncing in the air. High end was just floating with plenty of fine micro details. Have never heard such level of details from any speakers. Seriously lacks the bass extension and with good tight Subwoofer can do magic. May be Bronze 6 have all the good things of Bronze 5 with good bass extension.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Based on my listening experience in Jamo Pune shop, I found C97 relatively flat on the lower end with music. It was being driven by Roksan integrated amp.

If your usage is going to be more music and if budget permits, D590 (was quoted 1.4 Lakh for a pair) is the speaker you should audition. Only down side is they are 4 ohms so will need a powerful amplifier to drive them to their full potential.

Have not heard the other two in your shortlist, so cant comment on those.

I went ahead and purchased RTI-A7 as my usage was 50:50 music and movies. They sound superb for both (killer for movies) with my emotive gear.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back