Wharfedale evo 4.2 or Q acoustics concept 40?

Coolneat4113

Please suggest me which is the better speaker between these two. I am offered Q acoustics concept 40 along with marantz pm6007 at a price point of 1.05 lakh by a dealer. I am also open to other suggestions if thay are at a budget of around 1 lakh.
I will be using my speakers for listening to music as well as watching movies.

Last edited:
Please suggest me which is the better speaker between these two. I am offered Q acoustics concept 40 along with marantz pm6007 at a price point of 1.05 lakh by a dealer. I am also open to other suggestions if thay are at a budget of around 1 lakh.
Thats a great deal. Dive in head first without a thought.

I would fully agree with @DB1989 , I paid 1.27L back in 2013 for the concepts alone. I still use them in my living room HT with a marantz AVR. A very old SR6011. Marantz and Qacoustics go really well. You've got a great deal, dive in, before the dealer changes his mind :D

However, it also come across as a too good to be true deal to me. So definitely listen to them paired together, before you part with your moolah :D

That's a great deal for QA Concept 40s PLUS PM6007. Trust the dealer is verified.
Only concern I can otherwise think of is that the Concept 40s are kind of laidback, a positive of which is that they will be completely non-fatiguing.

1. What is the deal on the Evos comparatively? If you are getting a good deal on them, they might just end up working better for movies, while doing decent enough for music.

2. Would also help if you could add a few more details: What kind of sound do you like? Room size, etc.

Do have a listen to these two. I doubt you will need to look at any other speakers at this price point if you end up liking one.
Regards

That's a great deal for QA Concept 40s PLUS PM6007. Trust the dealer is verified.
Only concern I can otherwise think of is that the Concept 40s are kind of laidback, a positive of which is that they will be completely non-fatiguing.

1. What is the deal on the Evos comparatively? If you are getting a good deal on them, they might just end up working better for movies, while doing decent enough for music.

2. Would also help if you could add a few more details: What kind of sound do you like? Room size, etc.

Do have a listen to these two. I doubt you will need to look at any other speakers at this price point if you end up liking one.
Regards
Could be a case of system matching but from my experience with both speakers driven by the same amplifier in the same room, i found the 4.2 to be considerably more laidback than the Concepts.

In fact, if the OP prefers a laidback and warmer sound, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the 4.2 vs the concept 40 which is a bit cooler (compared to the 4.2) but has a sparklier treble and a "juicier" sound overall. It is also the more dynamic of the two speakers. The 4.2 handles dynamics fine for but not as well as the concepts. On the other hand, the 4.2s have better imaging and soundstaging with a more prominent mid range.

Last edited:
Could be a case of system matching
This is of course true DB sir.
but from my experience with both speakers driven by the same amplifier in the same room, i found the 4.2 to be considerably more laidback than the Concepts.

In fact, if the OP prefers a laidback and warmer sound, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the 4.2 vs the concept 40 which is a bit cooler (compared to the 4.2) but has a sparklier treble and a "juicier" sound overall.
It is also the more dynamic of the two speakers.
Would be a surprise sir.
The 4.2 handles dynamics fine for but not as well as the concepts. On the other hand, the 4.2s have better imaging and soundstaging with a more prominent mid range.
This I would agree with. :)

And for movies, this is a holy grail, I'd say.

With regards to dynamics, I'd just say we'd rather agree to disagree.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back