What AVR/Amplifier?

delhite2

I am looking to buy one AVR or amplifier for my system. Will be used mostly of music.
How is the Marantz PM 500X series?
Or the Denon DRA800H?
Or entry level Marantz /Denon AVRs, considering i might add a subwoofer to the system, AVR will make integration easy.
Don't want to spend a bomb, so also considering used options.
Speakers are Jamo C607s. Have used them with Emotiva TA 100 and they sound phenomenal, but that amplifier is already in use, and don't want to buy a same one.
Budget not over 45-50k.

I don't think AVRs under 50k or so does judgement to music. Try listening to an integrated amplifier like Marantz Pm 6007 or Cambridge audio AXR 85 and take the call.

I don't think AVRs under 50k or so does judgement to music. Try listening to an integrated amplifier like Marantz Pm 6007 or Cambridge audio AXR 85 and take the call.
What about a used AVR?
Say denon x7200wa, I understand it won't be as cheap. But i suppose it should sound good.

Have used them with Emotiva TA 100 and they sound phenomenal, but that amplifier is already in use, and don't want to buy a same one.
Considering you use a TA100, I am not so sure if you will like a Denon. The Marantz, maybe. That Emotiva is sitting on another level in terms of sheer dynamics of the amplifier section.

I'd say listen to the Marantz and take a call.
The only true alternative I can think of that will cut it for you is the Parasound Classic 200, NAD 338 or an Outlaw Audio 2160.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back