What do I do ?

S N Prasad

Hi Everyone,

I am a novice into the HiFI world and new to this forum.. I am of course wanted to get practical advice from users ( sales men will only sell their wares !).. happy I am here;

My current possessions:

1. Bose DVD Lifestyle 48 system ( 7 years old) 10/10 on looks ..sparingly used
2. Bose Wave Radio - my daily dose of music - both CD's and internet radio. ( thanks for HiFi I learnt of Radio station ShantiShanti for classical music !)
3. B & W Speakers - 18 years vintage - but good as gold even now.

What is that I am looking at :

Think we have over grown DVD - now want to spend time on pure music - all in family are classical listeners - Carnatic/Hidustani/Western/jazz all goes. Hence looking for good music system - have a large living room ( 300 sq ft)..must be able to connect seamless on Wifi for Tune in/Spotify etc . across 3 bed rooms as well

- Should I use the same systems as above - Bose Sound touch and connect all Or
- Switch to another system - ??? want to use my B & W speakers as well in one room - whats a good amp to suit ?( which will integrate with what I have)
- Also want to buy a sound bar for my LG TV - should I or should I not ? thinking of JBL - any suggestions ??

My budget is flexible - but linked to selling Lifestyle -if I have to move to a new system ... how much will this fetch ?

Thanks - look forward to suggestions . Based in Bangalore - if there is any suggestions to visit a demo

Cheers !
Prasad

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your prompt response... was waiting for some other response as well before I react ( ask more questions).

I see Sonos is really appealing as it can bolt on to my current home theater and can help to stream music across .. you can share any personal experience of Sonos Vs denon Vs JBL - 3 short lists I have.... I am in two minds about hawking current Bose I have ( its 8 years old) - your thoughts - good to let it go and change all systems into a single brand ?

Look ahead for your views... also need someone to help me set it up - any resource I can find for Bangalore ?

Thanks

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your prompt response... was waiting for some other response as well before I react ( ask more questions).

I see Sonos is really appealing as it can bolt on to my current home theater and can help to stream music across .. you can share any personal experience of Sonos Vs denon Vs JBL - 3 short lists I have.... I am in two minds about hawking current Bose I have ( its 8 years old) - your thoughts - good to let it go and change all systems into a single brand ?

Look ahead for your views... also need someone to help me set it up - any resource I can find for Bangalore ?

Thanks

Prasad, I have no personal experience of these. I am into conventional component based single room stereo system. However, based on reviews, it seems you could get better music out of Naim, AudioPro and B&W.

I have had a pleasant experience dealing with Audio Planet (Mr Palani) in Bangalore and have also read FMs writing good about them. Their website shows they keep the B&W and Denon multiroom solutions.

Hi,

Any thoughts on Sonos speakers ? I have seen them on the web with good reviews and found that its being sold through an importer in Pune... is it good to buy from these guys ? will they service as well ? I find Sonos have no service centers here. Thanks

Sonos doesn’t have hi-res streaming... though they are planning to launch it with their upcoming platform (you should check the backward compatibility with current speakers). They are good value for money, but am audiophile might outgrow them at some point in time. Listen before you buy.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back