Which One?

• Media Player

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • HTPC

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters

wave24

guys,

details please, little curious to know which one you love to stream your media..

1) Meadia Player (of anykind)
2) HTPC (Custom Built or Branded).

You can give suggestions too..which one is better..

Thanks,
Wave.

Last edited:
I was forced to buy a WDTV Live due to budget constraints and the fact that I still use good old tube tv. A HTPC does not have composite and component video outputs. A HTPC is the way to go if you want the best picture and sound quality.

HTPC anyday - far better image and audio quality. I dumped my xtreamer gen 1 for a fusion based HTPC last week. However you are warned, it does need a bit of tweaking at the beginning to get it to play everything.

HTPC anyday - far better image and audio quality. I dumped my xtreamer gen 1 for a fusion based HTPC last week. However you are warned, it does need a bit of tweaking at the beginning to get it to play everything.

Thank You for response.

i saw your set up in your thread. But i want HTPC for medium range gaming tooo..
some where i read that fusion based HTPC are not much capable of gaming..

is that true?

Thanks,

I have a Zotac MAG HTPC. Apart from playing all your audio video stuff, one thing I love about it is that you can browse the net in full HD glory. After all, it is a PC running Windows (or whatever you choose) so you can also do things other than watching movies.

Gaming is not really an option unless you're playing Angry Birds. However, it's pretty fun for casual online gaming, email, Youtube and other internet related activities!

Seeing the title, i was about to post "Mere paas Maa Hain" but coming to the topic, I was contemplating between the 2 and finally,came to understand the superiority of the HTPC.Just have to choose the components wisely and pay more attention to the form factor by getting mini-itx cabinet, low-profile gcard, and a slim line cabinet and u have an awesome media player cum multitasker in hand.

Imrahn - Look at RoC's build on the AMD Fusion thread. It cost him about 16K and is a killer build. The case is the best part of the rig.

Imrahn - Look at RoC's build on the AMD Fusion thread. It cost him about 16K and is a killer build. The case is the best part of the rig.

Yup,following it already....might take the plunge in a week or so.Also considering some slim ones by Silverstone for a cabinet.

HTPC is always a good option in my opinion. Media players lack in HD Audio Bitstream and BD ISOs. No menu support, No 3D BD support. Not good for stereo music as well. HTPC is and will always a better option. Just install a good GPU and Sound Card/USB DAC and you are done. And last, all media formats available on this planet will work. :D

I have a Sony VAIO Laptop with HDMI and I connect it with my Bravia and get excellent A/V with the VLC Player.

With the VLC Player you can do a lot of A/V adjustment to get the best quality which is not possible with any Media Player.

To use Media Players you have to sacrifice quality to get "ease of use" otherwise go for HTPC if quality is priority.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back