What is a good "full hd" led TV these days ? 40 to 45 inch

square_wave

A friend who lives in the countryside of kerala is looking for something like this. He is not into 4k or gaming. Tried and tested model in the market, good picture quality. Will be used in a semi lit living room. He used to have a Panasonic lcd which died recently.

How are brands like VU ? They seem to be very cheap. Are there some value for money models from the Korean or Japanese giants ?

What about this one ?

It has a 64-bit Quad-core processor as well!

What about this one ?

It has a 64-bit Quad-core processor as well!

Xiaomi Mi TV is a good choice, as it comes with official Android TV interface and chromecast built in.. In addition to regular STB viewing, streaming movies is easier, as you don't need any additional device.. You get an advantage with casting too.. Since it comes with built-in android, playing movies from external HDD is also easier when using Kodi app..

Don't think the Korean & Japanese giants offer these features.. And if they do, it would defnetly be more expensive than Xiaomi..

Better to buy from Flipkart, with additional warranty provided by Flipkart and not Xiaomi..

Xiaomi Mi TV is a good choice, as it comes with official Android TV interface and chromecast built in.. In addition to regular STB viewing, streaming movies is easier, as you don't need any additional device.. You get an advantage with casting too.. Since it comes with built-in android, playing movies from external HDD is also easier when using Kodi app..

Don't think the Korean & Japanese giants offer these features.. And if they do, it would defnetly be more expensive than Xiaomi..

Better to buy from Flipkart, with additional warranty provided by Flipkart and not Xiaomi..

I am not sure how much of the smart features will be attractive to my friend. From a performance context, how is this TV ? Picture, sound quality etc.. ? I know Mi is a phone manufacturer. How good are they with televisions ?

You sure about native chromecast support? Is it in the new version of Mi Tv? I have the first gen model.

I am not sure how much of the smart features will be attractive to my friend.

These are convenient features and makes the entertainment content more accessible to the user..

From a performance context, how is this TV ? Picture, sound quality etc.. ? I know Mi is a phone manufacturer. How good are they with televisions ?

No first hand experience.. From the reviews, the TV seems good for a FHD display - https://www.digit.in/tvs/mi-tv-4a-pro-49-inch-review-161650.html

Please refer to youtube videos of the product.. There are lot from Indian reviewers..

You sure about native chromecast support? Is it in the new version of Mi Tv? I have the first gen model.

Oh k..Per the product link shared earlier in the thread, it says "Chromecast built-in".. So, am hoping it is integrated to the TV hardware..

No, it does not have chromecast support. There are youtube app versions that can be installed on it though...

How are brands like VU ? They seem to be very cheap. Are there some value for money models from the Korean or Japanese giants ?

If your friend is fine with a branded tv like Samsung, check this UA43N5002AK, its wall mount model (rs 29K), with an Amazon Fire tv stick, this can be smart tv within 33K (lesser if bought offer time or with card discounts).

My Review here with pro's and cons. Using this model for a month, picture quality is great but sound is poor as usual like all LED TVs. Overall satisfied with quality and my usage.

Just for your info, cons -
1. no table top stand (only wall mount)
2. no ARC (audio return channel), so if used with soundbar/AVR, connect with optical out Or AV source should come through soundbar/AVR

Last edited:
Best is to see the TVs in person and then decide. Goto some showroom over weekend and then make a decision.

Please try Panasonic range of Full HD also. I have 49 E 400D for last 18 months. No frills TV but excellent picture quality. They have 43 inch model also.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back