What is needed to take a digital electronic product to the market in India?

ubitoo

I see a lot of DIY audio hackers here including some who have commercialized their offerings. Since many of these products involve digital/analogue electronics, I'd appreciate it if the members could share some knowledge and experience from regulatory and operational aspects - right from electricals, packaging, certifications to distribution and after sales support - that need to be tended to when taking an electronic product to the market in India.

Looking to hear from those who have "been there, done that" in any capacity (employee, entrepreneur, student etc.). If nothing else, some fun anecdotes from their journey will be nice to hear too.

PS: The product is not directly related to audio and nowhere close to healthcare.

I think it depends on the power of the device. Input/output

There can be BIS certifications required which you can check on BIS website.

For packaging and labeling you can refer to metrological rules in India.

I have not done the distribution part yet but I do not think there are any rules for that unless you are messing with GST compliance.

After sales support can be done from your home by using reverse courier services. You can make an account on Shiprocket for that.

A lot is needed. It's tough to find good electronic and electrical hardware engineers technicians. Then it's tough to put an assembly line together. Then it's tough to manufacture. The smartest businesses just import from china and focus on distribution and sales not even servicing . "Gandaa hai magar dhandhaa hai yeh ......."

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back