What is the difference between Bluetooth vs High Freq. RF wireless headphones?

jagdish_p

I am planning to buy a low cost over the ear headphones for listening to programmes on my laptop. I dont need audiophile grade as I will be listening to mostly voice and not music.
So whats the difference if at all there is a difference?
My understanding is that High Frequency RF wireless headphones have longer range and need a separate transmitter to be attached to the laptop.
I dont need the range and would prefer a headphone which can communicate directly with the laptop.
Please suggest some over the ear headphones budget around 1.5 K I am flexible on this.

Thanks

I am planning to buy a low cost over the ear headphones for listening to programmes on my laptop. I dont need audiophile grade as I will be listening to mostly voice and not music.
So whats the difference if at all there is a difference?
My understanding is that High Frequency RF wireless headphones have longer range and need a separate transmitter to be attached to the laptop.
I dont need the range and would prefer a headphone which can communicate directly with the laptop.
Please suggest some over the ear headphones budget around 1.5 K I am flexible on this.

Thanks

if you don't need range and you laptop has Bluetooth 2.0 and above get any stereo Bluetooth headphone. will work perfect for 8-10 feet.
rf ones can also have distortions however Bluetooth wont have this issue due to different frequency. else get a bluetooth dongle for 200 bucks and get nokia etc bluetooth headset.

if you don't need range and you laptop has Bluetooth 2.0 and above get any stereo Bluetooth headphone. will work perfect for 8-10 feet.
rf ones can also have distortions however Bluetooth wont have this issue due to different frequency. else get a Bluetooth dongle for 200 bucks and get nokia etc Bluetooth headset.

Please ensure to get A2DP profile for both head set & dongle for Laptop.
Bluetooth dongle with A2DP is little costly. I am using ASUS BT-211 dongle, which I purchased locally for Rs.600/- in Pune and using it with my desktop PC to stream music to Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker and also to Marantz AVR (using Bluetooth adapter).

Please ensure to get A2DP profile for both head set & dongle for Laptop.
Bluetooth dongle with A2DP is little costly. I am using ASUS BT-211 dongle, which I purchased locally for Rs.600/- in Pune and using it with my desktop PC to stream music to Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker and also to Marantz AVR (using Bluetooth adapter).

most of the dongles now are 2.1 version.. and supports A2DP as native...

Thanks for the inputs.
Planning to buy either of the below 2

1) Philips Rs1838 . Philips Bluetooth Stereo Headset SHB4000/00: Amazon.in: Electronics

or
2) Corseca - Rs 1370 Amazon.in: Buy Dell Byte Corseca Bluetooth Headphone Online at Low Prices in India | Corseca Reviews & Ratings

Any other suggestions

anything under 1500 is VFM...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back