What should I buy for Streaming Music , USB music files and for watching TV

rainbowsong2000

I have a dedicated HT for movies. Now, I am trying to have set up in my living room for watching TV, Streaming music from Nvidia Shield, and listen to music files from USB drives.

1. I already have a dedicated HT for movies, so I am not going for more than a 2 channel stereo.
2. is Having Stereo Amp over a mid-level Receiver much better?
3. I mostly use Nvidia Shield for anything and everything. (Youtube, Spotify, google music, online radio and for watching regular TV channels through Hotstar, Sunnxt, etc.), So, is there a way to connect the Nvidia shield directly to integrated Stereo Amp using HDMI or USB?
4. Not going to use any audio CDs or LPs etc.
5. Or do we need to connect from TV audio out (Optical or Coax)?.
6. So, what is your suggestion of Speaker and Integrated Amp with DAC?

Budget Max 80 K

Thanks for the Help.

Sorry for too many questions :)

I have individually spoken to some of our FM members in Chennai thanks for their inputs.

There is a nice Peachtree amp on sale. Check it out. See if you can get it to work with your shield. It's got a built in dac.

MaSh

Just get a soundbar with multi-HDMI in and ARC connected to the TV. Connect your Nvidia shield to one of the inputs of soundbar. You should be good to go and by the way I use a Polk soundbar with single HDMI input connected to my C9 ARC of the TV. Sounds fabulous and comes with a wireless subwoofer as well. Mine is single HDMI input and I have connected my IPTV, FireTV 4k stick directly to the TV and hence the ARC works perfectly.

Last edited:
Considering your requirement, I can suggest you few components but I have not considered your listening area, room acoustics, your listening test etc.
1.Marantz PM7005 comes with USB Audio input . You can use yours Nvidia shield/Laptop/PC to stream music and can connect it to USB Audio input.
2. There are certain stereo receiver available in market from all brands having HDMI input and theirs own in built streaming apps which allow to access different music streaming services like
Marantz NR1200
Denon DRA-800
Yamaha RN602/803D
Onkyo TX 8250/8270
are may be in your budget .
Speakers come with different size and shape, its better to audition speakers within your budget and match electronics with speakers.
1.Elac debuts B6.2
2.Dali Zenser/Obrian 3
3.Q Acoustic 3020
4.Polk RTiA3
5.Warfdale WD 225
are some of the speakers within budget you may need to consider and audition.
It is understood that Marantz matches very well with majority of speakers available today in market .

Just get a soundbar with multi-HDMI in and ARC connected to the TV. Connect your Nvidia shield to one of the inputs of soundbar. You should be good to go and by the way I use a Polk soundbar with single HDMI input connected to my C9 ARC of the TV. Sounds fabulous and comes with a wireless subwoofer as well. Mine is single HDMI input and I have connected my IPTV, FireTV 4k stick directly to the TV and hence the ARC works perfectly.
Thanks. but, thinking of going for the Stereo setup. :) maybe lemme see if there is any possibility to stretch my budget.

Considering your requirement, I can suggest you few components but I have not considered your listening area, room acoustics, your listening test etc.
1.Marantz PM7005 comes with USB Audio input . You can use yours Nvidia shield/Laptop/PC to stream music and can connect it to USB Audio input.
2. There are certain stereo receiver available in market from all brands having HDMI input and theirs own in built streaming apps which allow to access different music streaming services like
Marantz NR1200
Denon DRA-800
Yamaha RN602/803D
Onkyo TX 8250/8270
are may be in your budget .
Speakers come with different size and shape, its better to audition speakers within your budget and match electronics with speakers.
1.Elac debuts B6.2
2.Dali Zenser/Obrian 3
3.Q Acoustic 3020
4.Polk RTiA3
5.Warfdale WD 225
are some of the speakers within budget you may need to consider and audition.
It is understood that Marantz matches very well with majority of speakers available today in market .
Thanks for the various options... let me browse through those and consider Thanks a lot

Thanks. but, thinking of going for the Stereo setup. :) maybe lemme see if there is any possibility to stretch my budget.

I basically went with the soundbar setup to reduce the clutter of wires near the TV and I got it at a very good price of around 17k I guess last year during Nov/Dec. Your budget of 80k should get you far better than what I have and I believe me I have some very good stereo setup with Class A amps and full range speakers and they are not meant for TV playback :) Considering usage only with TV and if required you can even look at other options of 5.1 surround soundbars as well within this budget and should keep you happy and I think using stereo/integrated 2 or 2.1 channel amps is overkill with this kind of usage and increase in power bills.

Ok, Thanks for all the suggestions.

Now, I have further filtered my requirement. All my music listening going to be Digital, which means, I am not going to have CD, LP, Cassette, DVD, etc.

All I am going to have is Nvidia Shield and playing music through youtube, Spotify, Google Music, Tidal, and music stored in a USB drive.

For this purpose, does it really necessary to go for an integrated amp, which has many Aux inputs?

Can I go for a very good DAC, Power Amp, and Very good Floor Stander or Bookshelf?

I think the NR1200 from Marantz would cover the requirements......pair it with good decent bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer (if required).

You can think of powered book shelf speakers of better quality for stereo playback. You may connect Nvidia Shield to the TV and take audio out through coax or optical out to the powered speakers and you are done. There are better options available in your budget from Edifier, KEF, AudioEngine etc.

Ok. Now i bought the Xavian Delizia. So, could you please suggest a good matching integrated amp. Or pre power combo for 50k max budget ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back