what to buy?

nbagdi

Hi,
Am new to this forum. Have a budget of around 50k for my first home theater system (50 k for AVR and speakers). Which one to go for? Have listened to the offerings from HarmanKardon (AVR 255 and BDS 5 with HKTS 20 and 30 speakers) which sounded decently good. But a friend recommended Denon 1311 with Jamo a-102 with sub - 210 setup, available for 45k. Is this a good setup at that price for room size 17 x 12?? Any other better AVR and speaker combo at this budget?? please help!!

Thanks for the tip bro...will definitely take an audition, but the question is where can i find most brands under one roof? I am in Bangalore for the next two weeks. Please advice.

I'd say go with Denon 1611 with energy take classic , paradigm cinema 90, jamo a102 ,wharf movie star or polk series (in order).

Alternatively you can also look at Onkyo 508+Onkyo SKS 728 combo. Plenty of stores in bangalore for you to check out and audition.

this is one of the most ideal combo reviews I have read in a long long time.

Denon 1611 paired with Paradigm CT90, go for it.

Denon AVR-1611 AV Receiver

The price quoted here is the MRP, it is available at 25-30% off in the market these days.

Hi,
Am new to this forum. Have a budget of around 50k for my first home theater system (50 k for AVR and speakers). Which one to go for? Have listened to the offerings from HarmanKardon (AVR 255 and BDS 5 with HKTS 20 and 30 speakers) which sounded decently good. But a friend recommended Denon 1311 with Jamo a-102 with sub - 210 setup, available for 45k. Is this a good setup at that price for room size 17 x 12?? Any other better AVR and speaker combo at this budget?? please help!!

A 50k budget is a little meagre for a good HT system and this will severely restrict your options. You will have to stick to entry levels AVRs and speakers.

If you are looking to upgrade in less than 3 years, my suggestion is to keep this simple at the moment. Onkyo and Denon have HTIB systems such as Onkyo HTS-3300 or Denon DHT-390/391, etc. These are available well below 50k; infact more near to 35k. The HTIBs will satisfy your current needs (unless you are a true audiophile) and you may be able to upgrade later much easily.

On the contrary, if you buy an AVR like Denon-1611 + speakers, it will make it rather difficult to upgrade because it will be considerable investment to throw away. And believe me, in 3 years you will want to upgrade the way things are going on.

Thanks every body for the help. Have finally decided on Denon 1611 paired with Paradigm CT 90 set after reading through lots of reviews, although frankly am yet to audition them. What is the best price I can get these for and where in both Bangalore as well as Mumbai? A mumbai dealer quoted 69K (AVR 28K and CT90 41K) I think its overpriced as I recently read of one member buying CT 90 for 36K in bangalore, and also got a quote of 26K for 1611 in bangalore.

Please help.

Also will be travelling to Hong Kong in the coming months (Sept). Will it be better to buy these from there? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@jagadishreddy
Thanks. Hope you don't mind me giving your reference at the HT store? Also can you give Mr. Lokesh's cell no. Thanks again.

Also I was suggested Tannoy HTS 101 speaker package by Mr Lokesh from the HT store. Is it good or should I stick with Paradigms? The difference is not much, only 1K.

Thanks every body for the help. Have finally decided on Denon 1611 paired with Paradigm CT 90 set after reading through lots of reviews, although frankly am yet to audition them. What is the best price I can get these for and where in both Bangalore as well as Mumbai? A mumbai dealer quoted 69K (AVR 28K and CT90 41K) I think its overpriced as I recently read of one member buying CT 90 for 36K in bangalore, and also got a quote of 26K for 1611 in bangalore.

Please help.

Also will be travelling to Hong Kong in the coming months (Sept). Will it be better to buy these from there? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@nbagdi
I have also zeroed in on the same combination: Denon 1612 + Paradigm CT90.
If you dont mind, pls let me know what was the price you got it for and also reference if any.

Thks.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back