When you see stuff on ebay thats going for dirt cheap

corElement

Hey CorElement, why could they not be yours?

I logged into HFV just now and your thread caught my attention. I clicked on the link and there were 10 seconds more to go and it rose from $212 to $252 in front of my eyes. I would have bid and probably won it too if only you had mentioned why?

Were you wondering how to get them to India? Or was the Ships to: USA only bothering you? Either ways Borderlinx would have been the best solution. I have bought stuff from US ebay and had no issues shipping them through Borderlinx.

What do you feel like doing,

oh how I hate you ebay US, how I hate you. :p

/vent

Hi I purchased quite a few items from ebay.uk and ebay US since long time.

I make it a point to buy stuff that can be sent in small parcels , preferably non-electronic so it wont attract customs and warranty wouldnt be an issure.
Like : few BD 3-in-1 box sets from UK (matching the region of my BDP) and a superfine screen protector for my Motorola Milestone when i had bought it to INIndia and nobody had a clue what the heck it was.( Sold it by now !)

Cuz i had no budget for extras and shipping by borderlinx for that would be nearly 1x more its cost lol.

You would have received it at your doorstep for not more than 400$(including cost of the speakerss. That is a steal for a THX certified speaker and you know it. But yeah, I can understand your situation being a salaried chap, it is month end. If it is too good to let go (which is the case most of te time :lol:), I use Credit Cards to manage it, but balancing it is very difficult. But not to worry, with US ebay, I am sure there will be another chance for you, just keep watching regularly. All the best!!

See, thats the thing, if it reached me @ a price point of 400$ the retail for a pair at the lowest price in the us would be 800. When I look at that relation it's value dies for me. Mainly because I dont "need" it, would have just been really cool to get my hands on something like that for so cheap :p. *shakes fist hastily at US population and their insane deals*

The only reason why eBaY will never work in India is because we Indians are by default scamsters.

So the person putting such an auction is mostly just toying around, and most ppl assume the same so they don't bid. And these genuine ppl have the same thing in mind, so they don't even auction. (Even though the initial premise that a person auctioning his goods is a scamster might be wrong)

Its catch 22.

The only reason why eBaY will never work in India is because we Indians are by default scamsters.

So the person putting such an auction is mostly just toying around, and most ppl assume the same so they don't bid. And these genuine ppl have the same thing in mind, so they don't even auction. (Even though the initial premise that a person auctioning his goods is a scamster might be wrong)

Its catch 22.

Hi dear,

Probably a handful, not all of them. I dont understand how long and how far we are going to degrade ourselves! Scammers are everywhere around the world! In fact, if you flip the pages of history, you will know who were the best scammers and who looted our wealth, peace and prosperity!

With the degree of diversity in several aspects we have in India, be it culture, language, religion, etc., we are doing well, if not the best, and we will improve ourselves down the line.

We have lot of genuine and generous people out there and this forum is the best example.

Cheers!

Its catch 22.

Ebay is very well working in india!

The used deals do not get so cheap because,

1) First hand products paid by the seller are costlier than in US and hence the original seller cannot go beyond certain limit.
2) We indians do not 'upgrade' as easily (Not specific to AV) and hence used deals itself is less.
3) Used products in india are mostly beaten to death because of (2) and hence people are hesitant to get used products. It is a chain reaction. :)

Definetely not because indians are spammers. But I agree to that argument in "your" case.. ;)

Ebay sellers who are willing to ship internationally gets a better price. However the price is not actually very cheap comparing the insurance, shipping, customs has to be added. And yet, you get grey stuff as most sellers in ebay are not appointed dealers of the products.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back