where the h** * is the olympics coverage

arnprasad

I came home early to catch deepika kumari and girls in archery. None of the sports channels on tata sky have the live telecast. on ibnlive they are blogging..wondering where they are getting the data.

I checked youtube official channel and they too are showing highlights..

anyone has any idea where to get live video feeds? this is extremely disappointing in todays world I am not getting live telecast:mad:

My wife wants to wake up for the opening ceremony tonight. It's before my usual bedtime anyway!

If I was still living in London I'd be less than two miles away from it all, and commuting through Stratford every day: it would be hell!!!!!

Yeah I know DD, ESPN, STAR and ESPN HD is telecasting. My question was why not start today when Indians as usual performed miserably in Archery..Hopefully from tomorrow it will not be disappointing.

My question was why not start today when Indians as usual performed miserably in Archery..

Why have the opening ceremony after some of the games have actually started? :confused: Makes no sense to me! :annoyed:

You tube has an Olympic channel where you can catch up stuff that no TV is showing.

Thad, many of the games cannot get over in the regular timeframe. Football being one of them, tends to start a couple of days before and might extend a day after the closing ceremony.

I guess the opening and closing ceremonies are big marketing events so are timed for weekends.

I tried the you tube official channel..they were showing some recorded crap. then there was nbc which is officially showing it on website..unfortunately thats only for US folks. but on ibnlive they were blogging live..and they were not in the stadium -so wondering how they were getting their news:mad:

My wife wants to wake up for the opening ceremony tonight. It's before my usual bedtime anyway!

If I was still living in London I'd be less than two miles away from it all, and commuting through Stratford every day: it would be hell!!!!!

Dont have recorder? Guess opening ceremony is one of those things which you really do not have to watch live..can be watched next day recorded..so I recorded it on my tata sky HDR although today morning I did wake up at 4 for my swimming and saw countries from alphabet P onwards walking into the stadium

I was in stratford couple of months back and took the new train they introduced- the area has changed big time

I was in stratford couple of months back and took the new train they introduced- the area has changed big time
Amazing! I haven't been there for quite a few years now. The Docklands Light Railway is the "latest" train as far as I am concerned, and the new cross-channel-link station (supposed to be finished by now) was a big hole still when I was still commuting (2003).
Dont have recorder?
Very old-tech. Have a VCR. Have not even tried it for recording in India, with all the set-top-box stuff. I didn't see much TV for my last few years in London, here it stands at almost zero. Which is why it is shut away in the bedroom. Which is why even my night-bird 3.00am bedtime was totally disrupted last night.

Actually I was disappointed by the show. I'm sure I'm part of a grumpy minority, but right from the start of this mismash, often obscure history lesson I was discontented. Hands up who knows who I K Brunnel is? (Engineering students please put your hands down). And anyway, even I didn't recognise that that is who the character was meant to be.

On top of which, the British industrial revolution had to be helped on its way by social engineering and land grabbing (appropriation of common land by the already-rich) that forced people who were doing fine in small-scale and self-supporting agriculture into factories. So the very beginning put me in a bad mood. It would be like celebrating the destruction of mountains and villages in India by illegal mining.

So, me grumpy grumpy grumpy :eek: --- and I hope others enjoyed. After all the stuff leading up to the Indian Commonwealth Games that left us almost dreading any further embarrassment, it turned out to be a great show. Better, I thought, than the London Olympics, despite the huge resources available.

Last edited:
I am not huge sports fan but if all of you are following Indian sports persons I request you to support Mary Kom (Whether she wins or looses) which media is not giving proper exposure compared to vijender singh, Saina Nehwal etc. As always glamour sells. I hope I am wrong but by and large North Eastern people are ignored by the media.
Raising an Olympian - MARY KOM - YouTube
Regards
^ Best part 2:30 to 2:40

Last edited:
So, me grumpy grumpy grumpy :eek: --- and I hope others enjoyed. After all the stuff leading up to the Indian Commonwealth Games that left us almost dreading any further embarrassment, it turned out to be a great show. Better, I thought, than the London Olympics, despite the huge resources available.

I dont blame the British for this. After what the chinese I dont think anyone else can match it. So I think instead of trying to match them, they stuck to something low key...

if the theme of your post grumpy grumpy...my worst movement was then the Indian contingent moved in...when all the other dignitaries stood up and happily waved when their countries walked...what did we get? a grumpy old man and his even more grumpier wife who had to be forced to even stand up by the man....sad looking couple with their sad faces...I wont be surprised if we return empty handed after watching these two. Almost seemed like the man dragged his wife from her parents house in Southall/shopping at hounslow shopping center!!!...really depressing...all we wanted was some pretty indian waving happily at our contingent...is that too much to ask:sad:

Last edited:
hee hee, yes, I noticed that!

I don't know if those national representatives were specifically sport oriented, or ambassadors/high commissioners/consular staff of the various countries. In my earlier days of interest in Indian music, the then High Commissioner was an exceedingly cultured lover of the arts who, I suspect, might have attended many of the functions even if he had not been a VIP guest. I'm sorry, I forget his name now. Since his day, the office has been held by business-suit types. Probably happiest with economic reports!

My apologies - wasn't meant to highlight any one religion or race..taking it off:sad:

On another note..we got a lady in red clothes being part of the contingent - no one has any idea who she is and she marched along with Indian contingent!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks and no need to apologize arnprasad.
We are developing nation and I know corruption and politics are there in sports. But however in minority there are few who will compete for the nation and for the love of the sports.
Regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back