where to buy Audio CDs in Chennai

balajeem

Where to buy Audio CDs in Chennai - this question may sound strange , but I could see music world is no longer there, landmark stopped getting audio CDs - in fact they closed the Nungambakkam one - the first landmark store , one in Ampa mall also not good - they don't stock any more audio cds

would need pointers of Shops in chennai , if that's ruled out in this age of mp3s, please point me to good online store for tamil film music - good collection is needed. Amazon, Flipkart, etc doesn't have that many collection of tamil audio cds.

nope :-(, even if the store per se is there, CDs aren't available. Probably they are going to close down the shops - that's the impression I got when I visited Ampa mall's landmark, my friends say spencer's one is also in equally bad shape.

Check out AVM Sound Zone/Saraswathy Musicals on TTK road, Alwarpet. However they are limited to Indian/Carnatic/classical/Hindi/tamil etc. This shop has been around for the last so many years (no decades) and I was surprised to see it still around when I visited Chennai a few months back. I picked up a good lot of Carnatic Classical and Tamil/Hindi tracks.....

Last edited:
Oh, yes, that's a good idea, within the limits that you mention. It is hard to find, but easy if you know how: look behind Sankara Hall, where they usually have some crafts sale/exhibition going on. During December season the hall gets filled up with music/video too.

It is a pity about Landmark. Another "landmark" on its way out? It seemed that they were keeping track with the new malls and opening new branches. I don't much go to malls (I think Chennai does them very badly, and prefer Singapore for mall shopping) but was surprised to see some other company in Express Avenue ...not bad for books, but not much CD display space.

Could not find a place to buy audio cds, I visited several places and everyone was offering me mp3 cds.
One shop owner even told me audio cds are same as mp3 and they will play even on a car cd player. I did not want to waste time explaining the difference and I told him I will check my car and left.
After using mp3s for a long time people do not even release that there is something called an audio cd.

Last edited:
Audio CDs have moved to the internet. Flipkart and Amazon India have a good selection and both also stock imports.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back