Which 2.5 sqmm x 3 core power cable?

Mayank Shah

Hello. Would require to run about 20 to 25 feet of 3 core cable from mains socket to Poweramp. Have been suggested Lapp. Normal 3 pin at one end and IEC at amp end. Thanks. Stay safe.

Getting Lapp may not be easy. Finolex is also excellent. Again Finolex is available mostly as 100 meter rolls.

I would also rate Orbit as good.

If you are able to get Lapp, do let me know. I am also looking for 25 meters.

Not sure if that is the right cable. What you look at is either 1.5 sq.mm or 2.5 sq.mm in the Olflex Classic 100H series. These are halogen free cables.

Last edited:
I got hold of 3 meters of Lapp cable and a bunch of IEC connectors. Got a power cable from Mr. Murthy as well. Made me a few more from Finolex, Orbit and some funky looking 3 core I had in my closet. Once my space is done, it's comparision time.

I got hold of 3 meters of Lapp cable and a bunch of IEC connectors. Got a power cable from Mr. Murthy as well. Made me a few more from Finolex, Orbit and some funky looking 3 core I had in my closet. Once my space is done, it's comparision time.
From where did you get the lapp cable?

Recently I made a Power cable with Lapp 3-pin at one end and IEC at other end.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 12.37.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 12.37.02.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 22
I have used LAPP OLFLEX CLASSIC CY 2.5MM SHIELDED AUDIOPHILE GRADE POWER CABLE, Crabtree 3-Pin Plug & Elcom IEC socket.
Cable bought at Hifimart and plug and socket at local shop.

A touch out of topic but relevant as well, are there any 90⁰ IEC connectors. Basically I don't want the thickish power cord to loop and then be inserted into the gear. Require to change the direction straight downwards by adding a 90⁰ IEC extension or connector. Need the same 90⁰ for XlR as well.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back