Which are the top 3 Speakers for my scenario?

rahulonline9

Purpose : Music (60%), Film(30%) and Misc (10%)
Budget : Approx INR Rs 12,000 ($200)
Priority : Clarity, feel good (room filled well with audio), Bass is not important for me
Source : Laptop (5.1 output and Stereo). iPod.
Music liked : Melody (Show me the meaning (Back Street Boys), Saans (Jab Tak Hain Jaan)), Instrumental (Kenny G)
Films liked : Inception (5.1), How I met your mother (Stereo)
Brands : Any

Thank you.

Purpose : Music (60%), Film(30%) and Misc (10%)
Budget : Approx INR Rs 12,000 ($200)
Priority : Clarity, feel good (room filled well with audio), Bass is not important for me
Source : Laptop (5.1 output and Stereo). iPod.
Music liked : Melody (Show me the meaning (Back Street Boys), Saans (Jab Tak Hain Jaan)), Instrumental (Kenny G)
Films liked : Inception (5.1), How I met your mother (Stereo)
Brands : Any

Thank you.

Are you looking for multimedia speaker like Altec Lansing / Creative speakers so that you can connect to the source directly & listen ?

(or) are you looking for Stereo amplifier + speaker combo....

Are you looking for multimedia speaker like Altec Lansing / Creative speakers so that you can connect to the source directly & listen ?

(or) are you looking for Stereo amplifier + speaker combo....

Am looking for multimedia speaker.

(I really wish to have Stereo amplifier + speaker combo but I assume, a good one in my expectation will cost me about 50k and a good room, both I dont have. In case my assumption of cost etc is wrong, request you to please correct me.)

@Rockfella

I find this good for me. Did a little more online research and found another model C3 2.1 at a slightly lower cost. Would you suggest that?

I read some good reviews on flipkart, can you please share your view please.

Edifier C3 2.1 Multimedia Speakers - Edifier: Flipkart.com

Am looking for multimedia speaker.

(I really wish to have Stereo amplifier + speaker combo but I assume, a good one in my expectation will cost me about 50k and a good room, both I dont have. In case my assumption of cost etc is wrong, request you to please correct me.)

Not really 50K... 20K is good to start with...Do you have any old hi-fi speakers @ home ? like Sony/Panasonic/ Philips/Aiwa/Akai.. If you have them lying idle @ home (or) @ your friends place, you can easily add a stereo amplifier for < 10K... & you will have a very good setup.....

I've heard the C3 as well. They are also good and will be good enough for a medium/small room. The external amp with orange white looks really cool. Sound quality is good I'd say. Go for it. C3s are 8-9k. I am also planning to buy Edifier S530 as I've heard music on an Onkyo HTS3500 and is really not worthy for music. One can enjoy both music and movies on a good 2.1 but music on a 5.1 sounds shitty hence I won't invest in a 5.1 now...:)
@Rockfella

I find this good for me. Did a little more online research and found another model C3 2.1 at a slightly lower cost. Would you suggest that?

I read some good reviews on flipkart, can you please share your view please.

Edifier C3 2.1 Multimedia Speakers - Edifier: Flipkart.com

Please also see the long running Topping amp thread on this forum. It is available on ebay for about $50, and will give you about 10-15 watts of decent quality power. It won't rock the house but will give you very good quality music if paired with the right speaker.

Although I've heard good things about swans but it really baffles me 'coz M10 RMS is 15 compared to 145 of edifier S530! That's a ton of difference but hey even the price difference is almost 50%

I strongly believe that in terms of clarity, swan will be having a definite upper hand over S530 but in terms of power S530 will have upper hand without a doubt but then there is Swan M50W comes into picture if you are comparing it with S530.

Service will be a problem for Swans if you are away from the one and only dealer in India

Well, no one faced a single problem till now and even if they face in future so we are always here.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back