Which brand TV's come with tamper proof packaging?

Krithik

Hi,

Recently we bought a Panasonic Viera TH-50AS610D and according to usage hours and count number... its a used/demo unit from the showroom.

How to get to know if its a new one or demo unit without opening it up... do these come with a tamper proof packaging?

Found nothing till I saw usage hrs.

If all the brands have same kind of packing don't you think its time to change the way of packaging the products?

We buyers (one or the other) are getting cheated according to me.

When I was purchasing a LG TV I requested for a fresh TV, they didn't have stock so they brought a piece from another show room, the package was open and there was dust hidden in the groves, so I refused it suspecting for demo piece.
BTW, how do you check it in vierra

Hi,
I still not get it how did you find out your Panasonic was a demo piece?? I have a Panasonic TH-P50XT50D
Thanks.

This might be offtopic but I went to buy a phone last week. I already purchased the phone and was waiting inside the showroom. In the meantime one customer wanted to see a particular phone which was not available for demo. The salesman clearly said that they don't have a demo set for that particular phone. The customer was about to leave when the salesman told him to wait so that he can "do something."

The salesman took out a new set box packed and went to the corner of the shop (trying to hide himself from others though I noticed him). He put a lighter under the seal of the box and within few seconds the seal came off without any tear. Then he took out the phone and showed it the customer. The customer inspected but left without buying. The salesman instructed to another guy to clean and put the phone and "seal the pack".

Guess this happens in most of the electronic shops.

Hi,

Recently we bought a Panasonic Viera TH-50AS610D and according to usage hours and count number... its a used/demo unit from the showroom.

How to get to know if its a new one or demo unit without opening it up... do these come with a tamper proof packaging?

Found nothing till I saw usage hrs.

If all the brands have same kind of packing don't you think its time to change the way of packaging the products?

We buyers (one or the other) are getting cheated according to me.
Congrats on the purchase.
What about the PQ (while using Youtube etc) ?
Are you fully satisfied with your TV? I am planning to buy this week.Hence the question.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back