Which component cable (5-RCA or 3-RCA)

sandys

hi guys,
Simple question - I have Airtel IPTV, but will go for one of the HDTV options in the next month or so.

Which RCA cable (no HDMI option available!) to buy so that I get audio and video on my HDTV ?

Would this be sufficient - PREMIUM 6FT 5-RCA Component Video/Audio Coaxial RG-6 18AWG 75Ohm CL2 Rated Cable

Or should I get a 3-RCA video cable with S/PDIF. If yes, then is this the correct S/PDIF cable - 6ft High-quality Coaxial Audio/Video RCA CL2 Rated Cable - RG6/U 75ohm (for S/PDIF, Digital Coax, Subwoofer & Composite Video)
or is it http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1022901&p_id=2764&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

Just for research purposes, google turns up Airtel IPTV STB with port descriptions at http://www.airtel.in/IP-TV/airteltv_YourSTB.htm

what is the best non-HDMI option ?

Last edited:
hi guys,
Simple question - I have Airtel IPTV, but will go for one of the HDTV options in the next month or so.

Which RCA cable (no HDMI option available!) to buy so that I get audio and video on my HDTV ?

Would this be sufficient - PREMIUM 6FT 5-RCA Component Video/Audio Coaxial RG-6 18AWG 75Ohm CL2 Rated Cable

Or should I get a 3-RCA video cable with S/PDIF. If yes, then is this the correct S/PDIF cable - 6ft High-quality Coaxial Audio/Video RCA CL2 Rated Cable - RG6/U 75ohm (for S/PDIF, Digital Coax, Subwoofer & Composite Video)
or is it For only $3.67 each when QTY 50+ purchased - PREMIUM 6FT Optical Toslink Cable w/ Metal Fancy Connector | Toslink to Toslink

Just for research purposes, google turns up Airtel IPTV STB with port descriptions at Digital TV from Airtel

what is the best non-HDMI option ?

Don't buy anything. See what comes with the kit and then think about it

I would recommend a 3 RCA connection and a coax connection cable separately... I just felt that the combo ones doing the round are higher priced than the individual ones and not really value adding. In fact if you want to components to go straight to the TV and the coax to the AV receiver for some reason, you will have a problem with the combo pieces.

@navinmra, thanks for your reply.

Does that mean most of the S/PDIF out ports are the coax variety ? The one that I see on the Airtel IPTV diagram (that I linked to earlier) looks like it is a male port and I need a female-to-male coax cable.

Any ideas ?

sandys,

The best option would be to connect the Airtel box using Component (3 rca) cable for video and S/PDIF for audio. However, a couple of questions:

1. From the pictures of your STB in airtel site, it looks like the S/PDIF connection is TOSLINK (optical digital) and not RCA. Have you checked the STB and are you sure its coaxial?
2. Does your TV have digital optical or coaxial input?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back