Which genre? And why?

joyous

You may like most genres, but there will be one genre (or few genres) you like most. Your personal liking that go well with you. You, the person.

In this thread, we discuss genres, and why you and I like it.

I like jazz, because it's mostly just music, without lyrics. And it's complicated enough to relax me well. There's some magic in jazz music that relax me well. And it let me sleep. Jazz doesn't tire me as metal, rock or film music does.

To be honest, I dont think I can narrow down on a particular Genre of music I like the best. I am simply love music except for POP though (LOL).

For me, music is my soul and my listening is based purely based moods and situations.

I listen to a lot of Jazz, Blues, Rock, Classical, Progressive House and this can go on....

I even listen to a lot of Greek, Arabic, Gregorin, French Music.....and much more. I dont understand the language, but believe you me, it connects :)

Cheers...

To be honest, I dont think I can narrow down on a particular Genre of music I like the best. I am simply love music except for POP though (LOL).

Pop resigned from Vatican too. (lol)

Yes. Pop is the least intesting genre for me too. Not much energy or art. Just cry. But those who enjoy 'songs' (lyrics), pop might be interesting. It's actually poetry, cry poetry IMO.

Btw.. I love Elton John.

Though I listen to "everything", including Bhajans (no kiding :eek:), lately I have realized that it's Sufi music that satisfies me the most.

I think taste in music is highly related to the age and our surrounding. For example: like most kids (and grown ups) I have also been a fan of Madonna (yes, yes, that hot lady) and MJ. But these days even if I que Hansraj Hans's "Ik Tu He Tu He" for reviewing a gear, I end up listening to all of it forgetting that I was supposed to pay attention to the subtleties of the sound. :lol:

Pop resigned from Vatican too. (lol)

Yes. Pop is the least intesting genre for me too. Not much energy or art. Just cry. But those who enjoy 'songs' (lyrics), pop might be interesting. It's actually poetry, cry poetry IMO.

Btw.. I love Elton John.

Well said mate :)

Sshhh....I love Elton John too.

...... and I thought we were talking about Movies ......... (which got me excited ... :D)

Though I listen to "everything", including Bhajans (no kiding :eek:), lately I have realized that it's Sufi music that satisfies me the most.

Sufi music is quite soul soothing IMO, no match for something from Abida Parween. Songs like 'Tune deewana banaya to mein deewana bana...' etc...

I think taste in music is highly related to the age and our surrounding. For example: like most kids (and grown ups) I have also been a fan of Madonna (yes, yes, that hot lady) and MJ. But these days even if I que Hansraj Hans's "Ik Tu He Tu He" for reviewing a gear, I end up listening to all of it forgetting that I was supposed to pay attention to the subtleties of the sound. :lol:

True. IMO, Age even make us to surrender to music, to give up sometimes.

I noticed that sometimes I listen more without my consent. It would never been happened some years back.

But, a lot remains to listen before pack to paradise. :)

Carnatic music --- but I mostly like to get it live rather than recorded.

Western classical --- for its breadth, depth, variety, harmony, dynamic range. It has everything.

In the rock music category, there is nostalgia, and there is stuff that I like as much today as I did forty years ago, because it is still good music. Weird psychedelic stuff? Hmmm... must be something I did in a previous lifetime!

Sufi, Jazz, Blues, Indian Classical, Rock, and many more each one give me a new high... its really difficult to pick any one :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back