Which is the Best receiver

jlettie

Hi everybody
I plan to purchase Polk RTI-A7 front speakers CS4 Center and RC85I surround speakers and a Mirage Omni S8 100w sub. I know the Polk speakers are power hungry. I'm leaning toward two fine receivers, Marantz SR7005 or the Onkyo TX NR1009. My first choice was the Onkyo receiver until I read a view that stated that receiver was having some video problems. The picture that appeared on the TV was too dark. The owner is required to obtain a firmware update. One person stated that it took three tries until the problem was solved.
He was required to unplug all his audio and video equipment from the receiver, thus losing all his settings.
Anybody having this same problem with the Onkyo Receiver? Any fellow enthusiast using the Marantz SR7005 with Polk RTIa7s? What are your results?
I would appreciate any advice. Thanks:)

Hi everybody
I plan to purchase Polk RTI-A7 front speakers CS4 Center and RC85I surround speakers and a Mirage Omni S8 100w sub. I know the Polk speakers are power hungry. I'm leaning toward two fine receivers, Marantz SR7005 or the Onkyo TX NR1009. My first choice was the Onkyo receiver until I read a view that stated that receiver was having some video problems. The picture that appeared on the TV was too dark. The owner is required to obtain a firmware update. One person stated that it took three tries until the problem was solved.
He was required to unplug all his audio and video equipment from the receiver, thus losing all his settings.
Anybody having this same problem with the Onkyo Receiver? Any fellow enthusiast using the Marantz SR7005 with Polk RTIa7s? What are your results?
I would appreciate any advice. Thanks:)

Hi jlettie, i am also planning a similar setup (Rti A7) but with an onkyo 709. however these hdmi handshake issues in the onkyo models have left me in a fix.
Need some onkyo owners to shed some light here.....

What would be the cost of Yamaha A810 in India ? Called up Vector Systems, the guy there was not sure but estimated it to be around 70K.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back