Which speakers

Saviosiddharth

I have pioneer sa 8800 vintage amplifier which speakers would be good for it...
Wharfedale LINTON Heritage are
MAGNAT TRANSPULS 1000 are any other suggestions

I have same Amp and paired with Indiq Diamond Mishras. The said amp is exceptionally musical and soothing mid range. I love the audio reproduction by Indiq. Actually I have taken the Amp to Amit's place to have live demo, before making the purchase decision.

I can't comment on the brands you mentioned because I have not heard those speakers with my Amp.

Since the Amp is vintage, IMHO it is better to take your Amp for practical demo (with your prefered music genre) before deciding on any speaker combination.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 53
Hi,
Both Speakers are 90 and 92 DB sensitivity , so in my opinion your amp can drive well both speakers .

Regarding the speakers as you have mentioned not have much idea ,may be our Forum Members can guide you.

I have same Amp and paired with Indiq Diamond Mishras. The said amp is exceptionally musical and soothing mid range. I love the audio reproduction by Indiq. Actually I have taken the Amp to Amit's place to have live demo, before making the purchase decision.

I can't comment on the brands you mentioned because I have not heard those speakers with my Amp.

Since the Amp is vintage, IMHO it is better to take your Amp for practical demo (with your prefered music genre) before deciding on any speaker combination.
Sorry for off topic. But, keeping the speakers further apart will improve soundstage width and stereo effect.

Sorry for off topic. But, keeping the speakers further apart will improve soundstage width and stereo effect.
Yes that is true. Thank you for your observation and suggestion. The photo is old one. Now speakers are already moved to outer edge of the shelf. The distance between center to center of the speaker is around 1.2 Mtrs. 1.5 Mtrs to 2 Mtr distance may give better separation of the stereo. As of now, I have to adjust the speakers on the available space of the shelf (which is 5 feet). It is a compromise.

Yes that is true. Thank you for your observation and suggestion. The photo is old one. Now speakers are already moved to outer edge of the shelf. The distance between center to center of the speaker is around 1.2 Mtrs. 1.5 Mtrs to 2 Mtr distance may give better separation of the stereo. As of now, I have to adjust the speakers on the available space of the shelf (which is 5 feet). It is a compromise.
That's good to know :) 5 feet is good too.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back