Which subwoofer

So an update dear members. I went out to see the subs in person. In most of the places Bangalore that I visited or asked the PB 1000 from SVS is out of stock. I did see the PB 2000 pro and the size is humungous. QUBIX technologies did tell me that the PB 1000 pro will come by end of April if I can hold on. He also pointed out how large the sub will be approximately (relative to the 2000 pro). He also said that the bass of an SVS might over power the Zensars and looking at the size I am having second thoughts.

I also saw (not demoed) the QB 12 and Dali E12F. The Dali is the smallest of the lot and considering just size is an ideal piece. The QB 12 is not too large either. Now considering that I have just the base bookshelf does it make sense to go with slightly smaller and less powerful subs that would match with the whole setup.

I am not too finicky and as long as I get some additional base in movies and certain songs I am fine. The Zensar 3's actually are not very flat and provide some amount of bass.

I am okay with waiting for SVS PB 1000 pro but that might be an overkill. So what if I save around 20 K from the SVS and similar subs and go with one of the Q acoustics or the Dali.

I have no idea how big the BIC America PL 200 II will be.

Oh and for those who are interested in Bangalore Qubix Tech has a demo of the PB 2000 pro which they are willing to sell. The person told me that it is not more than 2 weeks old

So an update dear members. I went out to see the subs in person. In most of the places Bangalore that I visited or asked the PB 1000 from SVS is out of stock. I did see the PB 2000 pro and the size is humungous. QUBIX technologies did tell me that the PB 1000 pro will come by end of April if I can hold on. He also pointed out how large the sub will be approximately (relative to the 2000 pro). He also said that the bass of an SVS might over power the Zensars and looking at the size I am having second thoughts.

I also saw (not demoed) the QB 12 and Dali E12F. The Dali is the smallest of the lot and considering just size is an ideal piece. The QB 12 is not too large either. Now considering that I have just the base bookshelf does it make sense to go with slightly smaller and less powerful subs that would match with the whole setup.

I am not too finicky and as long as I get some additional base in movies and certain songs I am fine. The Zensar 3's actually are not very flat and provide some amount of bass.

I am okay with waiting for SVS PB 1000 pro but that might be an overkill. So what if I save around 20 K from the SVS and similar subs and go with one of the Q acoustics or the Dali.

I have no idea how big the BIC America PL 200 II will be.

Oh and for those who are interested in Bangalore Qubix Tech has a demo of the PB 2000 pro which they are willing to sell. The person told me that it is not more than 2 weeks old
Demo the QB12. It's a very competent sub. If it doesn't sound right immediately, Try and set the crossover and gain yourself during the demos. No sub will sound right unless dialled in properly.

Ok, so I went ahead and bought the QB 12. I was basically getting a little impatient and took the plunge. I have a sneaking suspicion considering my requirements and rather small room I should be happy.
I also got a great deal from hifimart itself.

So, cheers to the forum. Now, waiting till I receive the package.

Oh, and need to order a subwoofer cable from Amazon

Cool! Let us know your impressions too. Might I ask what price did you end up getting it for?

Ok, so I went ahead and bought the QB 12. I was basically getting a little impatient and took the plunge. I have a sneaking suspicion considering my requirements and rather small room I should be happy.
I also got a great deal from hifimart itself.

So, cheers to the forum. Now, waiting till I receive the package.

Oh, and need to order a subwoofer cable from Amazon
Would love to hear your impressions. Do take your time to experiment with placement and crossover + gain. It makes a massive difference in how a sub sounds.

So, recently I am having this itch to buy a subwoofer. My wife is also on the same page so that helps as well.

What I have :

A pair of Zensor 3 bookshelfs

Choices:

Here is where I am very confused.

1. BIC America PL 200 II - Good reviews across the web. Looks like a good choice for movies although some complaints around the accuracy and being boomy in case of music

2. Dali E9F or the Dali E12F - Simply because I am so happy with the Dali Zensors. Specs wise does not seem to go so low as some of the other monsters

3. ELAC 3010 - The reviews are average and does not seem to be going either way

4. Paradigm Defiance V12 - This subwoofer again has rave reviews and the company is known for the quality of subwoofers they make

6. SVS PB1000 - The big boy and of course the most expensive of the lot.

Now I know I have mentioned a wide variety of subwoofers and it is confusing but so am I.

What I watch:

Mostly movies and TV series from Netflix, Prime and Hotstar. Also songs from YouTube - a wide variety of genres from songs in my language to electronic, pop songs and regular Bollywood songs. Also, western songs mostly the popular ones. Not too many rock songs though.

Also, very occasionally I play games in my XBOX One.

What I cannot and do not want to do:

I do not want to travel to different stores for a few thousand rupees discount in the middle of covid and all. So, I will probably buy online where I get it at the cheapest price with some discounts. I actually bought the Zensors from Amazon and am pretty happy with the purchase.

Also, no disrespect to anyone but I do not want any Polk or Taga systems

What I prefer:

I love that big bass feel in big budget movies like say the Avengers, Harry Potter Series and all. Also, in music the aam aadmi songs with a bit of dhikchak :p.
I do not claim to have golden ears and am currently pretty happy with the Zensors.

A sub to complement them will be ideal.

Raj

Since I will be receiving the subwoofer in a few days I had a question? Can I connect all of these to my APC Back-UPS 1100? I have read other threads but am not sure if I want to buy a 40K servo?

So far my equipment was connected through a Belkin power strip

Edit: I read a bit about the sine wave and the square wave concept. So I suppose a UPS is a strict no no.

Last edited:
M
Since I will be receiving the subwoofer in a few days I had a question? Can I connect all of these to my APC Back-UPS 1100? I have read other threads but am not sure if I want to buy a 40K servo?

So far my equipment was connected through a Belkin power strip

Edit: I read a bit about the sine wave and the square wave concept. So I suppose a UPS is a strict no no.
In my denon AVR box, there is a warinig that says "Warranty void if connected through Inverter or UPS". Not sure about subwoofers though.
Why not use a Simple Stabiliser like Vguard Digi200

M

In my denon AVR box, there is a warinig that says "Warranty void if connected through Inverter or UPS". Not sure about subwoofers though.
Why not use a Simple Stabiliser like Vguard Digi200
I actually have a VGuard. Have not been using it though as it requires a 15 AMP which I do not have near where my system is. What do you use between?

First Impressions - It took me a little while to set it up. I played around a little. The bass in movies is immediately noticeable. Music slightly less so. I will have to keep on experimenting and of course let it play around for a bit.

I did have a few setting issues initially with the amplifier. The bass was not coming and hence the woofer would go into eco mode (basically power down).

Otherwise seems great for my room

First Impressions - It took me a little while to set it up. I played around a little. The bass in movies is immediately noticeable. Music slightly less so. I will have to keep on experimenting and of course let it play around for a bit.

I did have a few setting issues initially with the amplifier. The bass was not coming and hence the woofer would go into eco mode (basically power down).

Otherwise seems great for my room
In music you should get only little where-ever & whenever it is required ... If the music or voice flows from it, it will colour your tower or bookshelf you have.

I actually have a VGuard. Have not been using it though as it requires a 15 AMP which I do not have near where my system is. What do you use between?
I use a Digi200 to connect my AVR, PS and TV. The power amp and subs are connected directly to the main board as they require much more power than what the Digi 200 can supply, especially the Subs together can consume upto 2500watts of power.

So, recently I am having this itch to buy a subwoofer. My wife is also on the same page so that helps as well.

What I have :

A pair of Zensor 3 bookshelfs

Choices:

Here is where I am very confused.

1. BIC America PL 200 II - Good reviews across the web. Looks like a good choice for movies although some complaints around the accuracy and being boomy in case of music

2. Dali E9F or the Dali E12F - Simply because I am so happy with the Dali Zensors. Specs wise does not seem to go so low as some of the other monsters

3. ELAC 3010 - The reviews are average and does not seem to be going either way

4. Paradigm Defiance V12 - This subwoofer again has rave reviews and the company is known for the quality of subwoofers they make

6. SVS PB1000 - The big boy and of course the most expensive of the lot.

Now I know I have mentioned a wide variety of subwoofers and it is confusing but so am I.

What I watch:

Mostly movies and TV series from Netflix, Prime and Hotstar. Also songs from YouTube - a wide variety of genres from songs in my language to electronic, pop songs and regular Bollywood songs. Also, western songs mostly the popular ones. Not too many rock songs though.

Also, very occasionally I play games in my XBOX One.

What I cannot and do not want to do:

I do not want to travel to different stores for a few thousand rupees discount in the middle of covid and all. So, I will probably buy online where I get it at the cheapest price with some discounts. I actually bought the Zensors from Amazon and am pretty happy with the purchase.

Also, no disrespect to anyone but I do not want any Polk or Taga systems

What I prefer:

I love that big bass feel in big budget movies like say the Avengers, Harry Potter Series and all. Also, in music the aam aadmi songs with a bit of dhikchak :p.
I do not claim to have golden ears and am currently pretty happy with the Zensors.

A sub to complement them will be ideal.

Raj
SVS PB 1000 pro

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back