Which surround speakers to buy ?

coolcatric

Hi,

I'm looking for surround speakers to have a 5.1 setup for my HT. Current configuration is as below -

1. Denon X3500H
2. Front - Wharfedale Diamond 11.2
3. Center - Wharfedale Diamond 11.CS (yet to order)
4. Sub - Polk HTS 10

Need something not so expensive, only that it should not take the overall experience down. I might move my front speakers to surround & get towers (maybe in the future). Hence not wanting to spend a fortune.

For now, need some low cost surround speakers which does justice to the overall setup. You can say, should just get the job done !!

I'm based in Sweden, have the option to buy from ebay.de / amazon.de as well. Shipping is roughly 30 EURO from Germany to Sweden.

Thanks.

Need something not so expensive, only that it should not take the overall experience down. I might move my front speakers to surround & get towers (maybe in the future). Hence not wanting to spend a fortune.

When you have a sub, there is no benefit of towers in the system as you will anyways set the speaker as "small" and re-reoute the low bass to subwoofer.. So you can very well retain 11.2 as fronts..

You can add one more pair of 11.2 as surrounds to maintain timbre matched speakers between front & surrounds..

For now, need some low cost surround speakers which does justice to the overall setup. You can say, should just get the job done !!

I recollect replying to your earlier thread.. You may consider small satellite speakers such as HKTS, sold as pair.. You can use them as surrounds for now.. When you decide to upgrade surrounds, you can move them as heights.. The HKTS speaker should be capable of ceiling mount, with external brackets..

When you have a sub, there is no benefit of towers in the system as you will anyways set the speaker as "small" and re-reoute the low bass to subwoofer.. So you can very well retain 11.2 as fronts..

You can add one more pair of 11.2 as surrounds to maintain timbre matched speakers between front & surrounds..

I recollect replying to your earlier thread.. You may consider small satellite speakers such as HKTS, sold as pair.. You can use them as surrounds for now.. When you decide to upgrade surrounds, you can move them as heights.. The HKTS speaker should be capable of ceiling mount, with external brackets..

Thanks for the reply. Does anything excite you from the below link ?

https://hifi-freaks.se/hogtalare/kompakta-hogtalare.html

Thanks for the reply. Does anything excite you from the below link ?

https://hifi-freaks.se/hogtalare/kompakta-hogtalare.html

Assuming you would like to spend less, it would be Polk S10, because it has threaded hole inserts at the back, which will help you mount on ceiling later..
polk_component_signature_series_s10_bookshelf_speaker_studio_007.png

Assuming you would like to spend less, it would be Polk S10, because it has threaded hole inserts at the back, which will help you mount on ceiling later..
polk_component_signature_series_s10_bookshelf_speaker_studio_007.png

Even the S15 is for same price after discount, so is the Diamond 11.0

Should I consider those ?

Even the S15 is for same price after discount, so is the Diamond 11.0
Should I consider those ?

S15, from the rear images (google), doesn't seem to have threaded hole inserts..

If you can get the Polk S10 later for heights, then yes get Diamond 11.0 for surrounds.. But, be informed that Diamond 11.0 doesn't have mounting capability.. For heights Polk S10 is a better choice, as you get more flexibility..

S15, from the rear images (google), doesn't seem to have threaded hole inserts..

If you can get the Polk S10 later for heights, then yes get Diamond 11.0 for surrounds.. But, be informed that Diamond 11.0 doesn't have mounting capability.. For heights Polk S10 is a better choice, as you get more flexibility..

ok just checked, the Polk S15 is also having mounting for back.

Now the fight is between S15 & Diamond 11.0

If I look aside the mounting part, which one do you recommend on merit ? In terms of audio quality, build etc. ?

ok just checked, the Polk S15 is also having mounting for back.

S15 has wall mount capability.. I was referring to threaded hole inserts..

Now the fight is between S15 & Diamond 11.0

If I look aside the mounting part, which one do you recommend on merit ? In terms of audio quality, build etc. ?

For surrounds, i would suggest Diamond 11.0, for the sake of timbre matching from same series..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back