Which tablet under 10k?

sgmane

Is google nexus 7 (2012 model) at 9999Rs now, is a best bet to buy? It has really good reviews. (Not looking for 3G or voice calling)
Do recommend in similar price range (not more than 10k).
Usage: Play children videos (rhymes, school subjects video's in various formats), some games, microsoft office (is it available?) (read documents of various school subjects - formats, doc, pdf etc). Need to play any downloaded video formats. (pls specify which formats does not support in the tab)
Primary usage: for children less than 10yrs old.

What should be looked into before buying a tab?
I am a noob in the tablet segment. So do recommend based on the requirement which is inclined towards children's usage.

Last edited:
Nexus 7 is a good bet for 10K. Compared to other models in the range this should be good. Although the new Nexus 7 is better, I am not sure if it is here in India and the price as well, unless you have someone in US who can bring you that. As far, video formats, you can download VLC for android and it will play everything on earth.

Hi,
I had a similar requirement and got the nexus 7 tablet.
We are finding it to be a great tab for our usage.
Screen is excellent and also is very responsive to all apps we used on.

I had checked various tabs and found the nexus 7 to be very good especially for current price it is available for.

I also have a friend who has a spare nexus 7 he may want to pass on in mint condition. You can directly check with him. I will PM you details.

Thanks and regards!

KitKat is having a promotion right now in which they are giving away Nexus 7. You have to SMS the code found inside marked KitKats, and they pick winners every hour.

Linky

KitKat is having a promotion right now in which they are giving away Nexus 7. You have to SMS the code found inside marked KitKats, and they pick winners every hour.

Linky

:) But unfortunately all those lot selections/prizes are not in my dictionary!! :( never one any such, in my life time!!! But thanks anyway. I can buy one, have eat it myself!!!

@OP: If you have a budget of 10K then simply put the nexus 7 is by far the best tab you can get for that money. Period. It would look like an overstatement but it is true. The build quality, screen resolution, android support and upgradability is very good.

Simply put, I would strongly suggest the Nexus. If you are looking for a 7 inch tab then look no further and simply get it! :)

Special promo at flipkart: If you buy using SC credit card, you get an additional 10 percent cashback on all models of Nexus 7.

arindamcc: thanks. But this review tells about usage of flipkart wallet - which anyway i have not used before and have no plans to use it in future too.
Ok. Now the nexus is still 1000rs down than the earlier price. That's more tempting now!!
So can anyone tell me how to install apps on tab (like nexus 7 without 2g/3g) without any network? I particular about vlc player so that i can play some videos for my kid! (And ofcourse installing other apps too later without a network option)

Last edited:
I had used cash on delivery option. I got mine delivered next day by Flipkart. Excellent service I would say.

I connect my tab to home WiFi network and download apps available on Google play store which has various apps available. It is pretty simple once you are connected to internet using WiFi.

Last edited:
I had installed VLC on my android phone, and did not like it at all. Nowhere near the smoothness of VLC for Windows.

Installed MX Player instead (free version) and happy with it so far.

By the way, if you are signed in on Google on your computer, and you visit the Play Store, you can select any app, and it will get directly installed on your Android device (assuming of course, that it has a working internet connection).

arindamcc: thanks. But this review tells about usage of flipkart wallet - which anyway i have not used before and have no plans to use it in future too.
Ok. Now the nexus is still 1000rs down than the earlier price. That's more tempting now!!
So can anyone tell me how to install apps on tab (like nexus 7 without 2g/3g) without any network? I particular about vlc player so that i can play some videos for my kid! (And ofcourse installing other apps too later without a network option)

This youtube link will help you to do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMiltgaoFDw

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back