Why is Aamir Khan on a low note these days?

Donivlapog

Up until a few years back he was cheered for his versatility which reflected on his box office numbers. Dangal saw arousing BO numbers that matched Baahubali the all time blockbuster in India. Even PK kind of movies where there was a beef regarding religious angle pontification, did well at the box office. Lately "thugs of hindustan" and "lal singh chaddha" did not do well and he is not in the radar, as compared to the other two Khans and that too so suddenly! Infact Kamal Haasan, Mohan Lal and Naseerudin Shah are the only other actors who are considered in his league in terms of acting - Shah Rukh and Salman are wooden compared to him. Why has he faded lately?

I also like his movies and acting part. As such he was always low key, one movie in a year type. As he is not much gossiped and keep to himself can't say what's the reason why there are no movies from long, specially the one that involves his acting. I am sure there is something good in the making probably a meaningful out of the league production.

Up until a few years back he was cheered for his versatility which reflected on his box office numbers. Dangal saw arousing BO numbers that matched Baahubali the all time blockbuster in India. Even PK kind of movies where there was a beef regarding religious angle pontification, did well at the box office. Lately "thugs of hindustan" and "lal singh chaddha" did not do well and he is not in the radar, as compared to the other two Khans and that too so suddenly! Infact Kamal Haasan, Mohan Lal and Naseerudin Shah are the only other actors who are considered in his league in terms of acting - Shah Rukh and Salman are wooden compared to him. Why has he faded lately?
Most probably because of LSC

Shah Rukh and Salman are wooden compared to him.
YMMV
SRK is more spontaneous & Natural than Amir, Aamir is giving Absolutely lousy performances off late. Everything is stereo typical, you can easily predict his reaction (acting) with no innovation whatsoever.
Aamir has a knack to pick up great story ideas in infancy and execute them upto certain standards, due to his decent directorial instincts ; but as far as his acting goes there won't be much innovation.
For Eg Expression of "Accha" Will be nearly same and predictable be it from Raancho or Bhuvan or Mangal Singh or PK or LSC or Whatever his Name was in Thugs Of hindustan etc. His Acting remains monotonous but his Roles change drastically (Combine that with a one movie a year strategy) giving false impressions that he's versatile actor, which he's not. Compare him to any other spontaneous talented gifted actors like Kamal Hassan or SRK etc you'll see the deficiencies. He pauses before a reaction, never seems free flowing or spontaneous.
I'd like to see him as Director or Much better as Assistant Director Cum Producer instead (like Hum hai Raahi pyar ke or TZP lines).

PS: I'm not a Fan of SRK or anyone for that matter. I'll happily watch Ranbir Kapoor or Ranveer Singh or Vicky Kaushal or Nawazuddin or Irrfan Khan or Regional Cinema Actors instead of the Khan Trios.

Last edited:
I remember reading that he was in chennai for some treatment during the flood time and he was rescued along with another tamil actor.

Vishnu Vishal is the Tamil actor with him. He waited patiently for rescue efforts to evacuate him as against demanding a celebrity level triage.
I remember reading that he was in chennai for some treatment during the flood time and he was rescued along with another tamil actor.

YMMV
SRK is more spontaneous & Natural than Amir, Aamir is giving Absolutely lousy performances off late. Everything is stereo typical, you can easily predict his reaction (acting) with no innovation whatsoever.
Aamir has a knack to pick up great story ideas in infancy and execute them upto certain standards, due to his decent directorial instincts ; but as far as his acting goes there won't be much innovation.
For Eg Expression of "Accha" Will be nearly same and predictable be it from Raancho or Bhuvan or Mangal Singh or PK or LSC or Whatever his Name was in Thugs Of hindustan etc. His Acting remains monotonous but his Roles change drastically (Combine that with a one movie a year strategy) giving false impressions that he's versatile actor, which he's not. Compare him to any other spontaneous talented gifted actors like Kamal Hassan or SRK etc you'll see the deficiencies. He pauses before a reaction, never seems free flowing or spontaneous.
I'd like to see him as Director or Much better as Assistant Director Cum Producer instead (like Hum hai Raahi pyar ke or TZP lines).

PS: I'm not a Fan of SRK or anyone for that matter. I'll happily watch Ranbir Kapoor or Ranveer Singh or Vicky Kaushal or Nawazuddin or Irrfan Khan or Regional Cinema Actors instead of the Khan Trios.
He is an extreamely talented actor actually. In Sarfarosh he held his own to the caliber of Naseerudin Shah. He even does Stanislavsky method.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back