Wireless connection for wired headphones.

navin advani

I happen to have a small collection of decent wired headphones collected over the years. Beyer 880, Sennheiser 600, 540Ref and 598, AKG 701, and a few others. These headphones see little use due to lack of time to really sit and listen to music over a wired connection.

So I was wondering if I could connect them wirelessly to my AVR (preferably to the Zone 2 out so there is nothing sticking out of the front panel) so that 3 headphones can be used at the same time.

I understand I would need some sort of wireless (Bluetooth) transmitter as well as a receiver and I was wondering if I cold connect say 3 transmitters to the Zone 2 (via a splitter) and have a similar number of receivers.

So the connection would be:
AVR (Zone 2) to RCA-RCA splitter to wireless transmitter to wireless receiver to headphones (or maybe even an headphone amp).

Spliter: https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Comp...&qid=1468839729&sr=8-94&keywords=rca+splitter

Wireless transmitter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z9O205K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A302JHK8ZA18R6

Is this even worth the headache? The signal will have to go through 2 wires (AVR to Splitter and Splitter to Transmitter) and over a wireless connection. Total cost about $240 (I have enough good RCA wires wires in stock) plus whatever transport and customs would charge.

Would it make more sense to get this
Buy Sennheiser RS 165 Tv Digital Wireless Headphone (Black) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
and a couple of these
Buy Sennheiser HDR165 Additional Headset without Transmitter (Black) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Last edited:
Battery powered bluetooth transmitter like the "Leoxsys Bluetooth Audio Music Transmitter" that takes input via stereo headphone jack or use a rca to stereo female connector and a small receiver. I (still) have the Sony Ericsson MW600 which has a really good audio quality and good range. I had coiled the headset cable on to the headband and attached the small receiver. If your head phones have removable wires.. a small stereo cable.
connect multiple headsets to same source... i do not know

You can use aptx x based powered bluetooth transmitter and receiver pairs like avantree saturn pro. The only caveat is that your high impedence heaphones will also need powered portable amplifiers like o2, FiiO x11 or unforce to perform well.

The other approach is by using powered WI Fi recievers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back