Wireless DAC + Speakers

imgene

Hi All,

I have been looking around to get a sound dock to stream music of my iPhone. I realized that best of the stuff is pretty expensive and the usual suspects are probably not going to satisfy me.

I realized that I can probably do a wireless DAC + Speaker combination, this way I can stream music of my laptop and use the iPhone as a remote app as well or connect the Phone directly to the setup.

I need recommendations and/or advice on what can be an ideal combination.

I prefer a balanced, transparent and clear sound (to the last ting). Not really looking for very big BS speakers, something small would be ideal.

Thank you.

Buddy... there are countless ways of doing this. Without an indication of budget, it would very difficult to suggest anything. Also, what do you consider "the usual suspects"?

A Squeezebox might have been ideal. Alas axed by the evil Logitech ...I don't know what people are buying/making instead right now.

It seems that ethernet is entering the market as a communications system for DACs, and we may see more of it in the future, but changes like this are slow to happen. Advantage? We can forget all about data transmission errors and stuff like jitter, because it is the responsibility of the network hardware/protocols to make sure that all the data is presented, complete, in order, etc.

I prefer a balanced, transparent and clear sound

Would your budget stretch to Genelec? I'm confident they would give you that last ting :D

Aashish,

My budget is around $400-500 (will be getting it from USA). So, no duty, shipping etc.

Buddy... there are countless ways of doing this. Without an indication of budget, it would very difficult to suggest anything. Also, what do you consider "the usual suspects"?

Genelec is way above my budget.

I have been looking at Schiit Magni + Modi combo (or just the Modi as well), Maverick TubeMagic D2, Arcam rDac-KW and Epiphany Acoustics E-DAC 24-bit

On the speaker front, am looking to Audyssey Wireless Speakers but really looking for a small pair with big punch.

A Squeezebox might have been ideal. Alas axed by the evil Logitech ...I don't know what people are buying/making instead right now.

It seems that ethernet is entering the market as a communications system for DACs, and we may see more of it in the future, but changes like this are slow to happen. Advantage? We can forget all about data transmission errors and stuff like jitter, because it is the responsibility of the network hardware/protocols to make sure that all the data is presented, complete, in order, etc.

Would your budget stretch to Genelec? I'm confident they would give you that last ting :D

you can get the audioengine A2 or A5 (if budget permits) with Arcam rDAC-KW. I still get amazed with the sound A2s produce from those tiny boxes. And arcam rdac needs to introduction.

Arcam rDAC-KW is quite expensive considering my current budget. Audioengine looks great, am tending towards the A2 because of price and weight.

Any other suggestion on a DAC (wireless would be great) in my budget ?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back