wireless home theatre

kray

Hi friends,

I am looking for options in wireless 5.1 home thetere systems, prefereably BD systems (Iif not then DVD systems). Currently I have a Philips complete home theatre system, but I find the wires a little too much to manage in house. Also, the sound quality isnt great.

Can anyone please suggest me if there is any good wireless home theatre system available and how much would it cost. My initial budget is about 40 k, but can stretch it for a good Blu Ray system.

We can also discuss here other Home theatre options...

Please note that wireless rear speaker system do require power supply and wires from rear receiver and hence not totally wireless and as far as I remember there are some Sony models that have that feature but it has been reaised by one forum member (you need to search) that the wireless kit from Sony is not available readily in market. So if you are on lookout first get an assured wireless mode demo.

in wireless, there can be issues of audio delays - if you are mixing and matching speakers.
With violet, you need to take audio out from your dvdp or bluray player, and it does the rest.
It can take power supply from bulb holders, fits like a bulb.

I do think that this product is very good from the viewpoint of convenience. Venkat has also written a review of the same in the website kindly go through the same and you will understand that this is quite good at what it does. I have listened to the older version i.e. without the HDMI both in domestic environments and the showroom. If you ask me the the product is quite good the only downside was that the system could do with a better sub (maybe a option is available where one can buy a sub of his own choice) and the absence of HDMI (which is being taken care of).

wireless ht is a good solution if you do not mind a little degradation in sound quality but it offers ease of installation.
There are wireless solutions readily available from Samsung/LG & Sony but the overall HT quality of these products are no match for the branded ones like yamaha/onkyo/marantz etc with good matching speakers.
If you are however keen on wireless solutions, I suggest you buy a good blu-ray player/a good AVR and speakers.
There are some good wireless stereo sound transmitters, one that readily comes to my mind is Amphony.
Since the wireless options is mainly needed for surrounds, you can use one of these for your surround if you have a 5.1 and two of them if you want a 7.1 system

wireless ht is a good solution if you do not mind a little degradation in sound quality but it offers ease of installation.
There are wireless solutions readily available from Samsung/LG & Sony but the overall HT quality of these products are no match for the branded ones like yamaha/onkyo/marantz etc with good matching speakers.
If you are however keen on wireless solutions, I suggest you buy a good blu-ray player/a good AVR and speakers.
There are some good wireless stereo sound transmitters, one that readily comes to my mind is Amphony.
Since the wireless options is mainly needed for surrounds, you can use one of these for your surround if you have a 5.1 and two of them if you want a 7.1 system

Kannan my friend, you seem to be very confused.

To the OP. If you are keen on a wireless system, you must take a look at the Violet System. This is a leading product with an immense amount of technology that has gone into it. It certainly deserves a listen.

Cheers

Dear Venkat,

If you are talking about the Violet3D wireless system, yes I have heard of it. A common friend in Bangalore had recently bought it on ebay.
I have seen pics of it, t looks are absolutely gorgeous, active speakers and active sub with a wireless hub.

I will see if I can contact this person and provide a feedback of his experience with it.

To the OP. If you are keen on a wireless system, you must take a look at the Violet System. This is a leading product with an immense amount of technology that has gone into it. It certainly deserves a listen.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,

For the benifit of all, can you please elaborate on what was confusing in his comment? I'm also considering getting wireless transmitter for my rears. It should help.

No pun intented!

Technology and everything is ok, but it has some serious quality issues. I know two people who bought violet wireless system and both of them had problems. One system came with a faulty speaker and remote, other one had to replace the speaker within a month. I wonder if the offer any extended warranty :)

This is exactly why Im always hesitant in buying a new brand

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back