World band radio???

a.kr.sriv

Hi friends,
Does anyone know of any world band receiver(sw, mw etc bands), with analog knob tupe tuning, digital/analog display, without inbuilt speaker so that the output is sent to separate amplifier, and from there to bookshelf speakers???
Regards
Srivastava..

Hi friends,
Does anyone know of any world band receiver(sw, mw etc bands), with analog knob tupe tuning, digital/analog display, without inbuilt speaker so that the output is sent to separate amplifier, and from there to bookshelf speakers???
Regards
Srivastava..

I have a made in China Grundig S350 lying around I got a more than a year back that I've rarely used though...

grundig-s350-deluxe-field-radio.jpg

You will have to import. I beleive a forum member might sell his Sansui FM317 or something. Search.

Cheers
--G0bble

Hi friends,
Regards
Srivastava..

Hi,

You may be able to lay your hands on a used Philips Hi Q or Hi Fi receiver which has knob type tuning and tuner and amplifier sections. The tuner covers FM, MW and SW bands. The output from the amplifier can be taken to speakers of your choice.

You could post your requirements in the Wanted columns of this forum.

All the best to you in your search.

Actually I have got vintage philips prestige radio.. I was thinking of having a receiver using somewhat new PLL based tuning stability, with analog feel of rotating the knob :) etc... And whenever I feel like, I also want to use digital facilities like entering a frequency and the, receiver automatically tuning to the station... :eek:hyeah: basically I have become very greedy... :rolleyes:
Regards
Srivastava...

Actually I have got vintage philips prestige radio.. I was thinking of having a receiver using somewhat new PLL based tuning stability, with analog feel of rotating the knob :) etc... And whenever I feel like, I also want to use digital facilities like entering a frequency and the, receiver automatically tuning to the station... :eek:hyeah: basically I have become very greedy... :rolleyes:
Regards
Srivastava...

A 3 or 5 gang analog tuner will sound more natural than a PLL based one

Sent from mobile on a crappy keyboard. Pls excuse typos.

having a receiver using somewhat new PLL based tuning stability, with analog feel of rotating the knob :)
Implementing digital tuning with rotating knob is little difficult. A very old co. Crosley still makes electronic products having vintage looks.
Crosley Radio
Regards

Degen DE1125 check the Dagen radio
*records radio prog/voice
*full digital,ha huge preset memory

*plays mp3
*costs less just 37US<2.5k Rs
*touch/jog dial
* rechargeable

Has PLENTY of memories (100 FM memories, 25 AM memories, and 100 shortwave memories!). I don't even use half of them.
I also like the fact that you can record not only radio broadcasts, but it also has a voice recorder.
The jog dial is nice too for quickly scanning through stations without having to keep pressing the button, although it can easily get bumped and change frequency, but the hold switch corrects this issue.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...-Digital-Recorder-Pocket-Radio/475258772.html

World radios are rapidly becoming obsolete. Most of radio is struggling to survive. The internet stations are so easy to use, there is content to satisfy the smallest niche market, and atmospheric problems vanish. The TuneIn app and I (heart) Radio have every form of entertainment you could want. BBC check. Tom Leykis check. Mexican banda music, check, all Beatles, check. Any music, any news, any chat, anytime.

The radio in my Audi has died of boredom. My smartphone feeds the music I like.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back