Worth Buying 4k Ultra HD Tv in India?

edjamesx

Hi All,
I am planning to buy 55 inch Tv , I looked at both 4k Ultra HD , Full HD Tv . Mostly i will use it for watching Tv. I have separate Home Theater projection Room for watching movies. Is it worth buying Ultra HD Tv since there's no Ultra HD content available in India , now only major Full HD channels coming up, down the line it will take another 5-6 years to get more Ultra HD channels in India. (Probably can upgrade Tv again after 4 -5 years :) )
When I saw in showroom Ultra HD tv looks more sharper & brighter than Full HD, of course they were playing 4k content video., and I asked them to play Tv channels with Full HD on both Full HD and Ultra HD Tv, I did not find any difference. Both looks same except very minute difference when you closely watch it.

Ultra HD Tvs are priced double than Full HD Tv , so considering the price & there's no ultra HD tv channels available and considering my purpose is to watch only Tv Content , i am planning to go with Full HD TV right now.

Please Advise.

If you have a dedicated home theatre for watching movies then, I would say it’s better to upgrade your projector to UHD Projector.
UHD content is available in Netflix and Amazon prime.

If you have a dedicated home theatre for watching movies then, I would say it’s better to upgrade your projector to UHD Projector.
UHD content is available in Netflix and Amazon prime.
Thanks for the info. My primary purpose of upgrading Tv is for watching Tv channels. I think for that purpose Full HD is sufficient.

My 2 cents..

• For regular (tv channel) viewing, you won't find a big jump in PQ between HD and upsampled UHD at a normal distance w.r.t. resolution. So if that's 80%+ of your primary viewing, go for it.
  • That said, where the catch is - the manufacturers bundle their latest innovations with the UHD/pricey models. e.g. HDR is worth paying for but you would find that that true HDR lives in the upper/premium section of the UHD range. I had a tough time finding a model with HD+HDR combo. Ditto for other areas like picture processing, brightness, motion interpolation.
There are 4k sources today - streaming services like Netflix, Youtube but be prepared for high data usage. 4k content on a 4K panel is distinguishable.

Yesterday i visited croma show room , they had 49UJ652T LG UHD Tv , originally it was priced 82 k, they are offering me for 67 k + 5% cash back on Standard chartered card. Seems to be a good deal , Can anybody have opinion about this model ?

Yesterday i visited croma show room , they had 49UJ652T LG UHD Tv , originally it was priced 82 k, they are offering me for 67 k + 5% cash back on Standard chartered card. Seems to be a good deal , Can anybody have opinion about this model ?

I think UJ652 supports only 50hz. So kindly check that. It's better to get a panel which can do 60hz or more. UJ752 is a good buy

Ultra HD Tvs are priced double than Full HD Tv , so considering the price & there's no ultra HD tv channels available and considering my purpose is to watch only Tv Content , i am planning to go with Full HD TV right now.

A 55inch FHD OLED if you can get in your budget?

No reason to buy UHD if there is no content. I bought 43 inch LG UHD TV but hardly watching any 4K content on it.

If u have no plans to watch Netflix, then content in other avenues are nil/ limited. Better go for a FHD TV.

Except TV channels you can get movies in 4K. The extra money you are paying for a 4K TV wont get waste.
But mind you once you settle down with a FHD you wont be able to upgrade in next 5 years and in the mean time you have to take utmost care so that none of the member in your family/ friend circle/ neighbour buy a 4K TV. You know what will happen to you after that.
Take a call taking these aspects in to consideration not just non-availability of UHD content etc.
Take care. Thanks.
Sanjiv

Its very simple if you have to ask then you probably don't need a 4K Tv. Every modern LCD Tv does 60Hz minimum, I don't understand How dumb a person has to be understand this. Still there are people who Think that it only does does 50Hz.

thanks all for the post ..there's nt much price difference between full hd and ultra hd tv. hence i have bought samsung 50" muv6000 for 70k. Picture quality is great for Full hd content & SD video looks fine (not bad)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back