Yamaha AS500 went into protection mode

mrlalam

Hi, I recently purchased a Yamaha AS500. This morning, I ran it with speakers below 4 ohms (at very low volumes) with the amp set to 8 ohms impedance. I switched off the amp properly and went to the office.

When I came back in the evening and switched on the system, it suddenly went into protection mode (with the power status light blinking continuously and the amp shutting down).

I disconnected the speaker cables and tried to start again, but I'm still getting the same result. I've gone through multiple forums, but found no proper solution.

What should I do now?

Hi, I recently purchased a Yamaha AS500. This morning, I ran it with speakers below 4 ohms (at very low volumes) with the amp set to 8 ohms impedance. I switched off the amp properly and went to the office.

When I came back in the evening and switched on the system, it suddenly went into protection mode (with the power status light blinking continuously and the amp shutting down).

I disconnected the speaker cables and tried to start again, but I'm still getting the same result. I've gone through multiple forums, but found no proper solution.

What should I do now?

Have you checked / tried this?

If yes and nothing resolved, then check over Youtube, I am sure someone would have uploaded some video on resetting

Any reason for using 4 ohm speakers with the 8ohm setting. Presuming you were aware of this.

Have you checked / tried this?

If yes and nothing resolved, then check over Youtube, I am sure someone would have uploaded some video on resetting
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the above steps, nothing worked.

Any reason for using 4 ohm speakers with the 8ohm setting. Presuming you were aware of this.
Yes, many forums and reviewers suggested that,Until unless you run the speakers at very high volumes, keep the impedence selector at 8ohm place only even if you using 4ohm speakers. I am running my speakers at 20%-25% volume levels only.
Putting impedence selector at 4ohm make the amp sounds

I'm not 100% sure that connecting the 4-ohm speakers caused the issue; there might be other reasons as well. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back