Yamaha Aventage Rx-Axxxx series (700~3020 ++) & any other querries related toYamaha

Re: Yamaha Aventage Rx-Axxxx series (700~3020 ++) & any other querries related toYama

The hdd didn't work either. Any Yamaha receiver owners tried to connect their ntfs formatted hdd to your receiver?

Mine worked... I connected
1x Seagate FreeAgent NTFS - Access Error
1x 16GB SDMC card Fat 32 - Worked fine ; With NTFS - Access error
1x 1 GB Pendrive Fat 32 - Worked fine.

So... We are doomed :(

Re: Yamaha Aventage Rx-Axxxx series (700~3020 ++) & any other querries related toYama

I Still have the same problem.. now I am not able to see any music content through the receiver let alone FLACs..but my TV is able to access movies and music...another random thought ...would changing the cables from STP to UTP and CAT 7 instead of CAT 6 matter ???

Newbie question: Why not use the output of the TV to the AVR If the TV can do WiFi better use it as the recipient of WiFi files.

Why would changing from a higher spec wire to lower spec wire help?

So I tried connecting a thumb drive. But the a710 is unable to read it. Looked it up and found that non-HDD USB drives must be FAT-32 :(. Will have to try my HDD today.

Are NTFS hard drives supported?

The hdd didn't work either. Any Yamaha receiver owners tried to connect their ntfs formatted hdd to your receiver?

Mine worked... I connected
1x Seagate FreeAgent NTFS - Access Error
So... We are doomed :(

Why not check with Yamaha. This should be fixable via a firmware upgrade.

Ok. Finally made sense of it all. Read the appropriate sections in the manual. It clearly says non-HDD USB device(FAT & FAT32) are supported. I dont know where I got the stupid impression that it might read NTFS HDDs.

Bottom line HDD USB devices are not supported at all. I didn't verify this, but since no manufacturer is going to boast about the features they dont support, I suppose its not even worth a shot. I really dont think I wanna test by formatting my 2TB HDD to FAT32.

For now I have the HDD connected to my TV, plus it is connected to the network. So I can play movies as well as music from both my HDD and my laptop through ARC of the TV.

But for some FLAC playback and using Yamaha's possibly superior MP3/WMA/AAC decoders, I'll have to eventually connect the receiver to the network.

Seems like I wont be using the Yamaha USB input feature at all :(

Newbie question: Why not use the output of the TV to the AVR If the TV can do WiFi better use it as the recipient of WiFi files.

Why would changing from a higher spec wire to lower spec wire help?

Are NTFS hard drives supported?

Why not check with Yamaha. This should be fixable via a firmware upgrade.

1. MY TV Doesnt support Flacs and more over the codecs are mode effective if Yamaha plays em. Also noticed that the TOSLink connected TV output is pretty low ie @ 25 from the receivers playback volume if suppose using USb = -15~12 db of volume setting needed to get the similar output from the TV played audio. Probably a Faulty TOSLink but I am gona get a new one in about 3 weeks and I am in search for an old DVD player I stashed somewhere about 3~4 yrs ago :(

2. CAT-5 is rated to 100 Mhz
CAT-5e is rated to 350 Mhz
CAT-6 and CAT6e is rated to 550 Mhz or 1000 Mhz depending on your source
CAT-7 is supposedly rated to 700 Mhz or presumably 1000 Mhz

Ergo the data transfer speed and bandwidth & yeah STP is more sensible if need be.

3. Nope NTFS doesn't work , be it USB connected non-HDD/HDD. I have upgraded the firmware on Sunday .. so .. thats that about the thoughts and the reason behind them :rolleyes:.. I guess....*hoping that someone here can help me out with network media share problems.:rolleyes:* Oh did I forget to mention am a Neub in this world too :D pls bear with my silly QnAs

Ok. Finally made sense of it all. Read the appropriate sections in the manual. It clearly says non-HDD USB device(FAT & FAT32) are supported. I dont know where I got the stupid impression that it might read NTFS HDDs.

Bottom line HDD USB devices are not supported at all. I didn't verify this, but since no manufacturer is going to boast about the features they dont support, I suppose its not even worth a shot. I really dont think I wanna test by formatting my 2TB HDD to FAT32.

For now I have the HDD connected to my TV, plus it is connected to the network. So I can play movies as well as music from both my HDD and my laptop through ARC of the TV.

But for some FLAC playback and using Yamaha's possibly superior MP3/WMA/AAC decoders, I'll have to eventually connect the receiver to the network.

Seems like I wont be using the Yamaha USB input feature at all :(

Do let me know if you are able to play music via network I ve been having some troubles and also Gazal wonder if you can connect the receiver in Network and use the NTFS HDD for the TV alone, If I remember correctly, you were able to connect the TV to the network... And thanks for HDD-USB non supportive part .. didnt come to that point in the manual.. tied up with work :(:mad:

Last edited:

I can assume Yamaha figured that their customers would use Media Streamers connect via good old fashioned RCA.

I can assume Yamaha figured that their customers would use Media Streamers connect via good old fashioned RCA.

or use HDMI too :) but it sucks that I cannot connect HDD-USB for playing only FLAC. large volumes. :(:mad:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back