Yamaha CX 830 pre and M-45 Power

sudhishkv

Hi all,

Yamaha CX 830 pre and M-45 Power amp is available for 20K. Is this a good deal? The amp and pre are in good working and cosmetic condition.

And what will be the matching cd player for this combination? I will be using Jamo S 506 for this setup.

Thanks,
Sudhish.

Hi all,

Yamaha CX 830 pre and M-45 Power amp is available for 20K. Is this a good deal? The amp and pre are in good working and cosmetic condition.

And what will be the matching cd player for this combination? I will be using Jamo S 506 for this setup.

Thanks,
Sudhish.

Hi,
Haven't heard these. Search on web shows these components have been good performers of their time (at their price bracket). A properly working (and sounding!) pre-power combo (this one is 125 w per channel) at 20k should easily outperform any new integrated at 20k out there.

My advice, go for it
(even if you need to change some caps /transistors some time down the line, getting it done in Bangalore shouldn't be difficult /expensive)

Regds,
Sonosphere

Last edited:
I got it delivered today. And the sound is amazing:yahoo:
And everything is in perfect condition.

Here are some pictures of it...

Last edited:
Looking pretty good mate ....:licklips: looks like you got some deal there... Btw where is your main gear..... ?:rolleyes: The jamos , The wharfs now The yamahas.... :clapping: Enjoy.

Sudhishkv, demo this pre-power during the Bangalore HFV that's being planned in another thread (in case you aren't already part of it)

It would be interesting to see how the pre-power fares with other amps.

Regds
Sonosphere

Now paired with Monitor Audio RS6.

Also planning to buy Yamaha s 700 cd player. Anyone using it?

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back