Yamaha NS8390 + Norge 1000 + how to connect active woofer?

pupupuchi28

Hi Guys. At the outset I must say that I'm fairly new to this world and request you to ignore any stupid question I may ask.

I have recently bought pair of Yamaha NS8390 FS Speakers and for a week I have been running them using my cheap chinese amplifier. Certainly I'm not happy with the combination. I want to marry these lovely speaker to a better partner. So after a search of 18 hrs and freezing on my preference of 80% music, I somewhat froze on Norge 1000 (I guess it has 8 ohms impedence) stereo amplifiers. Although the towers throw sufficient amount of bass for my room (through the woofer and not sub), but I would still like to include a active sub in future.

My question is since my DVD has a right and left audio output only and the amplifier would be a stereo one (i.e again a right and left connector only), how/where should I connect the sub.

Also suggest if DNM 5.1 channel amplifier is a good bet at Rs 14500-16000.

Thanks guys!

Hi Guys. At the outset I must say that I'm fairly new to this world and request you to ignore any stupid question I may ask.

I have recently bought pair of Yamaha NS8390 FS Speakers and for a week I have been running them using my cheap chinese amplifier. Certainly I'm not happy with the combination. I want to marry these lovely speaker to a better partner. So after a search of 18 hrs and freezing on my preference of 80% music, I somewhat froze on Norge 1000 (I guess it has 8 ohms impedence) stereo amplifiers. Although the towers throw sufficient amount of bass for my room (through the woofer and not sub), but I would still like to include a active sub in future.

My question is since my DVD has a right and left audio output only and the amplifier would be a stereo one (i.e again a right and left connector only), how/where should I connect the sub.

Also suggest if DNM 5.1 channel amplifier is a good bet at Rs 14500-16000.

Thanks guys!

DNM at that price - crazy!! Add some budget and you will get a good branded amp with ALL HD AUDIO DECODING ( study the forum)

Norge amps has stereo preouts & you can select the sub which can accept stereo inputs.
Else many sub come with speaker level input,so directly speaker output of norge can be connected to Sub.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back